Location: Sheffield, UK
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Suitable for Job Share: No
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and proactive individual to join the entrepreneurial teams which comprise Twinkl’s core customer segments. You will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development and growth of our Childminder community.
You will be responsible for defining, building and managing the right team to support user growth in your area. You will be commercially minded and comfortable in making difficult decisions on where to pursue opportunities. You will be responsible for reporting monthly and quarterly in line with business expectations.
You will have a strong track record of rapid and focused project execution, and impeccable communication skills are essential, as is the ability to manage budgets and exercise tight cost controls. You will be tuned in to spotting trends and looking for the USP and alternative positions we may adopt in different regions in the world.
This is a very varied role that involves both pro-active strategic planning and reactive work as we pivot and respond to the demands of a growing market. A typical week could involve any of the following:
- Product development – understanding what our customers need and working with the production team to curate a backlog of content to be produced and uploaded. Spotting market trends and developing new products accordingly.
- Digital optimisation – looking at the overall user experience of the Childminder area of the Twinkl site and working with our web and design teams to continuously improve this
- Sales and marketing – spreading the word to new customers, whom we can help and support! Overseeing our social media activity and making sure the right messages reach our customers at the right time.
- Business management and strategy – putting plans in place to help achieve our ambitious growth targets. Working with other segment and Country Managers to understand what’s working and how we can improve.
- A strong entrepreneurial mindset and a propensity for action
- Thorough knowledge of the Childminder market, and of our customers.
- Sound decision-making skills and diligent in seizing new opportunities.
- Commercially astute and a strategic thinker who is comfortable taking calculated risks and being accountable for successes and failures, setting SMART targets and reporting at all levels.
- Ability to communicate a shared vision and motivate individuals and a team.
- Methodical, highly organised, accurate and execution focused
- Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others.
- Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively.
- Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively.
- Has a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they do.
- Is honest, trustworthy and reliable.
- Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills.
- On target growth in the Childminder customer base
- Entrepreneurial experience (successes and failures equally valued!)
- Leadership experience preferred
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all.