Location: Twinkl HQ, Sheffield
Salary: £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week with flexible working around core hours
You'll be contributing to the ongoing maintenance and development of the Twinkl website, special applications and new affiliated microsites. You should be excited by the challenge of working on a large and rapidly expanding, high traffic (50 million page views a month) site as we push forward with a variety of exciting projects.
You'll be working on:
- Web redesign projects, new page builds and internal tool development
- Database and storage changes (migration to cloud-based computing)
- Back-end and API development for the Special Apps Team (IOS, Android, WebG, AR apps etc.)
- Laravel/PHP microsite development
It’s a tight-knit agile team, with fantastic peer support and a culture of continuous improvement. We're looking for pro-active, motivated developers who are interested in contributing to an organisation that's providing positive social impact within primary education.
If you have skills that align with this role and you could contribute to our goals but your experience or salary expectations don't match what we're offering, don't be put off. We look for the right people and can be flexible, so we'd still encourage applications from strong candidates.
Feel free to message Frazer Scott
on LinkedIn if you'd like to find out more.
- Hungry for the challenge of working on a large, high traffic website
- A desire to learn new applications/processed/environments
- Thrives working in a change-focused and dynamic environment
- Great teamwork skills as well as the ability to take ownership over individual projects
- Good knowledge of industry standards, design patterns, caching, storage, performance management
- LAMP technology stack (Linux, PHP, MySQL, Apache) plus NoSQL (Mongo, Redis)
- Cloud-based computing and deployment (AWS, GCP, etc.), BitBucket pipelines
- API development, integration and testing
- Unit, acceptance and integration testing
- Good communication with both technical colleagues and non-technical internal stakeholders
- Passionate about technology, always looking for opportunities to improve our back-end systems
- Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively
- Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively, both written and verbally
- Is honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills
Qualifications & Experience:
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all.
Twinkl is the largest online publisher of educational materials in the UK and one of the largest in the world. Our business helps millions of users in their educational endeavours and our potential to make a positive difference to the world is huge.