Content Writer – Phonics Australia
Location: Australia, remote
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: AUD 25 per hour (as a self-employed contractor you will be responsible for your own tax)
Contract: 6 months
As a Content Writer for Phonics Australia, you will be helping to create a Phonics product specifically designed for Australian educators and children. You will have experience teaching in Australia across the early years and/or lower primary with a passion for phonics. You will develop innovative resources, working closely with other team members such as Content Editors, illustrators and designers.
This role does not require you to work from the Twinkl office although you must be available for face-to-face meeting over webcam once a month. The hours can be worked whenever suits you as long as the hours are completed within each week. If you are working from home, you will need to provide your own device to work on and a reliable, high-speed internet connection. We are looking for working teachers (part-time or casual relief) who can do this around their teaching.
● Have an excellent understanding of phonics schemes and phonics progression.
● Have an excellent understanding of teaching early reading and writing skills in a mainstream environment.
● Be an outstanding phonics classroom practitioner.
● Have the ability to innovate new and exciting curriculum resources.
● Excellent communication and ICT skills.
● Good spelling and grammar.
● Is good fun to be with and has the ability to communicate well with others
● Is organised, able to work to deadlines, and manages time effectively
● Is able to communicate with colleagues and our external partners effectively, both written and verbally
● Has a hard work ethic, is passionate, driven and loves what they do
● Is honest, trustworthy and reliable
● Produces quality work and is ready to learn new skills
Qualifications & Experience
● A minimum of three Band 5 HSC results, including one in English, A to C
● Completed an accredited four-year teaching degree, such as a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/ Primary), or a combined or double degree such as a Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/ Primary)
● Or - Completed an undergraduate degree (such as Bachelor of Arts or Science) and then complete an accredited graduate entry teaching degree such as a Master of Teaching (Early Childhood/ Primary)
● 4 years of active teaching in the early years and/or lower primary.
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.