Content Editor – Phonics Australia
Location: Australia, remote
Hours: 15 hours per week
Salary: AUD 25 per hour (as a self-employed contractor you will be responsible for your own tax)
Contract: 6 months
As a Content Editor for Phonics Australia, you will be helping to create a Phonics product specifically designed for Australian educators and children. You will look at the Twinkl Phonics product in the UK, reviewing what aspects align for the Australian market, and what aspects might need tweaking, changing, expanding or rewriting to create the best possible product for Australian educators. In your role as an editor, you will help ensure that the content of our resources the Content Writers have written is accurate and well written, helping us to deliver high-quality Phonics materials to children in Australia. As part of a scrum team, you will communicate with both other Australian team members as well as New Zealand team members who are creating a Kiwi Phonics product so we can learn from and help each other.
How you’ll spend your day:
● Reviewing and editing content that our Writers have created to ensure it is accurate, well written, suitable for the target year group and providing the correct level of challenge and support.
● Working and communicating with other team members in a scrum team to achieve sprint goals.
To succeed in the role, you will:
● Have an excellent understanding of phonics schemes and phonics progression.
● Have an excellent understanding of teaching early reading and writing skills in a mainstream environment.
● Be an outstanding phonics classroom practitioner, with at least 4 years of EYLF and/or F-2 teaching experience.
● Have excellent spelling, punctuation and grammar skills.
● Have an exceptional eye for detail.
● Be able to communicate openly and honestly.
In this role, you will learn:
● The ins and outs of the Phonics product in the UK.
● How to adapt an existing product to fit a new market.
● How a scrum team works together across different markets and countries.
You’ll work with:
● Laura Baron-Seaton (Australia Country Manager) – Laura leads the Australian team from a strategic, product and marketing perspective in her Country Manager role. She also acts as PO for Move Aus and PlanIt Aus and works closely with the Classic Aus POs to help push our Australian product forward, stay innovative and listen to what our Aussie customers are wanting.
● Other Phonics team members – the team will consist of Content Writers, Content Editors and Designers in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
Twinkl are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity within all of our teams and are committed to continuing to build an inclusive workplace for all. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application/selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please include this at the foot of your covering letter. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.