TutorMe is the premier online tutoring solutions for millions of college students nationwide. Our mission is to level the academic playing field for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have access to incredible tutors regardless of where they go to school or who their parents are.
We do this by connecting students with the best online tutors in under 30 seconds using a matching system powered by AI. Students can receive help in over 300 subjects via our advanced lesson space, featuring video chat, screen-sharing, virtual whiteboards and much more. TutorMe's national network of online tutors gives students the help they need when they need it.
This position will be titled "VP of Academic Partnerships"
What you’ll do
- Lead all aspects of the sales effort including prospecting, opportunity qualification, contract negotiation and customer success hand-off to grow our annually recurring revenue base by 2-3x YoY
- Build and lead a high performing sales team via strategic guidance, industry and sales training focused on quantitative results
- Design, manage, and ensure the attainment of assigned sales quotas by leading the sales process and providing direction and recommendations to improve sales
- Develop deep product expertise among you and your team that help improve student success for our future customers
- Build, hire, and develop a high- capacity team of sales rockstars
- Develop a growing, talented sales team through the creation of a sales training program to quickly ramp new folks while maintaining a high level of sales acumen for new products
- Own outreach, discovery, and follow-ups for business critical customer
- Maintain impeccable data quality in our CRM for tracking leads and opportunities, generating regular reports and forecasts for the CEO and the Board
- Implement and enforce regular work cadence and process for each team to drive new client acquisition and retention throughout the customer life cycle
- Collect, consolidate, and disseminate user feedback to senior management and product teams
- Represent the company at education trade shows and marketing events
- Work closely with other members of the leadership team to ensure alignment across company goals. Excel at cross-functional collaboration and serve as a true business partner
- Identify, organize, focus and drive internal stakeholders (pre-sales and post-sales) and projects that are critical to moving sales opportunities from closed to live
- Collaborate closely with the marketing team to help foster and develop marketing leads into revenue generating customers
- Bachelor's Degree
- Must come with a market-tested playbook on how to scale a sales and customer success organization (at least 3 years in Director or VP level in high growth organizations)
- Very strong organizational and communication skills
- High energy, self-starter
- Leader, mentor, charismatic, motivator
- Data-driven decision maker
- Passion for web technologies and great user experience
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections
- Approach all deals with a customer-first “ready to help” mentality
- Excited to improve student success in higher education
- Desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Background in education preferred
What you’ll get
- Competitive base salary and attractive commission structure
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Swanky office in Century City with a great view of the city
- Crazy comfortable chairs and all the tech you need to get the job done
- Unlimited breakfast and beverages (including La Croix)
- Opportunity to be a key player at a company that’s quickly redefining the boundaries of on-demand academic support
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.