TutorMe is the premier online tutoring solution for millions of college students nationwide. Our mission is to level the academic playing field for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have access to incredible tutors regardless of where they go to school or who their parents are.
We do this by connecting students with the best online tutors in under 30 seconds using a matching system powered by AI. Students can receive help in over 300 subjects via our advanced lesson space, featuring video chat, screen-sharing, virtual whiteboards, and much more. TutorMe's national network of online tutors gives students the help they need when they need it.
This position will be titled "Tutoring Experience Manager"
What you’ll do
- Oversee and ensure the end-user quality of TutorMe
- Recruit, train, and manage our remote customer support representatives
- Develop and constantly improve our customer support policies and SLAs
- Oversee the handling of payment disputes/chargebacks
- Maintain user-facing documentation such as Help Center and training videos
- Review and respond to escalated customer support/service issues via Intercom, social media, and third-party sites (must be hands-on)
- Ensure we comply with privacy laws including CCPA and GDPR
- Improve and maintain our rigorous tutor application process and training program
- Work with product managers to announce new features and policies
- Create weekly/monthly reports for stakeholders on customer experience KPIs (eg. CSAT, avg. response time)
- Partner with customer success team to improve student engagement and satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in education-related
- 3+ years of experience in customer support at the management or team lead level
- Experience with Intercom
- Outstanding written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for web technologies and great user experience
- Resilience, perseverance, and an ability to overcome objections
- Passion to improve student outcomes in education
- Desire to work on a diverse and highly collaborative team
- Flexible availability to help lead our 24/7 team as needed
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Swanky office in Century City with a great view of the city
- Crazy comfortable chairs and all the tech you need to get the job done
- Unlimited breakfast and beverages (including La Croix)
- Opportunity to be a key player at a company that’s quickly redefining the boundaries of on-demand academic support
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.