TutorMe is the premier online tutoring solutions for millions of college students nationwide. Our mission is to level the academic playing field for students everywhere. We believe that every student should have access to incredible tutors regardless of where they go to school or who their parents are.
We do this by connecting students with the best online tutors in under 30 seconds using a matching system powered by AI. Students can receive help in over 300 subjects via our advanced lesson space, featuring video chat, screen-sharing, virtual whiteboards and much more. TutorMe's national network of online tutors gives students the help they need when they need it.
Summary of the role
We are looking for a Customer Success Specialist to join our team. Each month, we have thousands of customers who reach out for help with getting the most out of TutorMe’s platform. We are looking for someone to help get us to 100% customer satisfaction. This means interacting with individual customers on a daily basis, conducting QA for tutoring lessons, as well as working to improve our overall customer service processes and systems. This is a remote position, preferably located on the West Coast.
What you’ll do
- Create and optimize our Customer Success Guide
- Interact with customers via email, phone, and chat to help solve issues
- Respond to Stripe disputes/chargebacks
- Facilitate quality assurance of all tutoring lessons
- Process tutor payments weekly
- Triage incoming support issues, accurately diagnose them, and escalate bugs to the management/tech team
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer experience by identifying and resolving potential issues before they become larger problems
- Develop KPIs and analyze customer service reporting
- Constantly review where our systems are working or not working, and maintain a continuous improvement process to get us to 100% customer satisfaction
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with customer support/success at a tech company
- Proficient in Intercom and other customer support tools
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for web technologies and great user experience
- Approach all deals with a customer-first “ready to help” mentality
- Excited to improve student success in higher education
- Desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team environment
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with customer service platform, especially Intercom
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Top-notch health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation and holidays
- All the tech you need to get the job done
- Opportunity to be a key player at a company that’s quickly redefining the boundaries of on-demand academic support
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but up for the challenge - we want you to apply.
We value diversity of all kinds, and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.