Progressive Turnout Project seeks Deputy Data Directors (Chicago)
Position: Deputy Data Director
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary: $45,000 - $65,000/year
Start Date: 1/1/2020 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/30/2020
Progressive Turnout Project seeks Deputy Data Directors passionate about finding data-driven ways to make our targeted voter contact and other strategies more impactful. Deputy Data Directors will report directly to the Data and Analytics Director.
This is a full-time paid position based in Chicago, Illinois, reporting to the Data and Analytics Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. Position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan stipend, public transportation stipend, professional development allowance, 3 weeks paid time off per year, and 11 paid holidays per year.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Implement innovative best practices in targeting and voter contact
- Create and maintain reports that will track our progress and inform our strategies
- Craft and present materials to non-technical audiences
- Be a key player in data team projects
Required Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You can explain why it is important that data is clean, accurate, and clearly presented
- You have a set of technical skills (which may include Excel, Google Sheets, GIS, SQL, R, and/or Python), an analytical perspective, and a desire to learn new skills and design your own projects
- You take ownership of tasks and projects that are assigned to you while actively participating in collaborative, communicative environments
- You’re proficient enough in VAN to troubleshoot and train others
- You’re passionate about electing Democrats to public office and contributing knowledge to the progressive community
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- Prior organizing experience
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $32 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 140 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.