Progressive Turnout Project Seeks Graphic Designer
Downtown Chicago, IL
$40,000 - $50,000/year
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks a creative, organized, and detail-oriented graphic designer who can work in-house to develop designs that strategically reflect the brand’s personality.
This is a full-time paid position based in Chicago, Illinois. There are no formal education requirements for this position. The Graphic Designer will report to the Communications Director.
- Create visually-compelling designs from concept to production for multiple brands – including but not limited to [digital] advertisements, social media graphics/videos, website graphics; [print] booklets, posters, flyers, newsletters, infographics, apparel and online store merchandise, rally signs; [other] logos and identities
- Ensure final designs are accurate and error-free, including file construction, organization, and prepping of files for printing
- Manage print production and coordinate with printers and other vendors throughout the production process
- Update and maintain websites and create new pages/designs as needed
- Enhance and maintain brand identity for our organizations
Required Qualifications - you will be a good fit for this role if:
- You have expertise working with industry-standard design programs (Adobe Creative Suite which includes: InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop). MS Office and G Suite are also required: PowerPoint, Word, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides.
- You have experience producing print-ready native files and images
- You have an eye for layout and design trends
- You are comfortable receiving creative direction, constructive feedback, and making multiple round of edits to a project
- You are creative, detail-oriented, have analytical and troubleshooting skills
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You have effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- You feel comfortable working under pressure with rapid response projects that have to be completed in minutes or hours, not days or weeks
- You can work a flexible schedule and willingness to work irregular hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- You are passionate about electing progressive Democrats to office
Preferred Qualifications - you will be a good fit for this role if:
- You have experience producing animated graphics or short videos is a plus, but not required
- You have experience working with WordPress
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary will range from $3,333 to $4,167 (based on qualifications and experience), paid semi-monthly
- Employer-sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k) (after 30 days)
- Transportation stipend
- Paid time off (accrued)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $26 million with a supporter base of over 3 million, and invested in voter-turnout programs in 130 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.