Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks Voter Turnout Fellows this Fall to be part of the Blue Wave and help us elect Democratic candidates in House and Senate races across the country. This is a great opportunity for people of all backgrounds with a passion for politics to be trained in the tactics and techniques necessary to become experienced political organizers.
Voter Turnout Fellows will participate in a comprehensive training, then be placed on one of the most targeted campaigns across the country to help increase voter turnout and elect more Democrats to office. The ideal candidate is eager to learn and comfortable engaging voters face-to-face about the critical need of voting in this midterm election.
No prior experience is needed. Full and part time opportunities are available.
Responsibilities will vary by Campaign, but typically includes:
- Recruiting and training volunteers to support Campaign activities and events.
- Engage with likely voters via door-to-door canvasses, phone banks, and text messaging apps.
- Meet daily and weekly campaign goals and submit reports to Campaign staff and PTP.
- Represent the Campaign at community events in the district.
- Participate in weekly calls for coaching and feedback.
- Passion for electing Democrats and progressive candidates.
- Comfortable talking to voters door-to-door and/or over the phone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Commit to working a minimum of 24 hours a week leading up to the November 6th election.
- Comfortable with technology (cell phones, e-mail, social media).
- This is a PAID fellowship.
- Stipends will range from $1,500 to $2,500 for the 6-week period (based on commitment and experience)
Applications received by August 15, 2018 will receive the highest priority.
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded Political Action Committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $18 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 73 congressional races and 17 state legislative races, including 10 Virginia House of Delegate races in 2017.
PTP is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.