Progressive Turnout Project seeks Organizing Director (NC-09)
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for Organizing Director in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, in preparation for a potential special election to take place in 2019. This is a great opportunity for experienced field staff looking to take the next step in their career and lead an organizing campaign.
The Organizing Director will work in coordination with the in-district Canvass Director and Operations Director to increase voter turnout, elect Democrats, and resist the Trump agenda. The Organizing Director will be the primary manager for all of PTP’s community and volunteer outreach and visibility efforts on the ground.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, well-organized, an experienced organizer and canvasser, familiar with social media, and proficient in NGP VAN.
- Act as PTP’s representative in the community
- Recruit and train volunteers in person and digitally to participate in PTP’s voter contact efforts
- Organize volunteer-oriented events such as phone banks, peer-to-peer texting parties, and rallies
- Monitor and record all volunteer engagement in accordance with PTP standards
- Ensure PTP’s efforts are represented on social media
- Work with the Communications Department to maximize program visibility
- Data entry as needed
- Engage in voter contact as needed
- Assist in-district Canvass Director and Operations Director when able and as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Report to National Field Director
- At least one cycle of field organizing experience
- Commitment to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace
- Passion for electing Democratic candidates
- Access to a vehicle (position requires frequent travel within congressional district)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required for Role)
- Experience as the sole or primary organizer for numerous volunteer events
- Knowledge of field targeting and metrics
- Proficient in NGP VAN (especially list building, phone bank creation and management, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- Proficient in G Suite products (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets) and Microsoft Office
- Proficient in Hustle
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary will range from $3,750 to $4,575 (based on qualifications and experience), paid semi-monthly
- Employer-sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k) (after 30 days)
- Transportation stipend
- Paid time off (accrued)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $26 million with a supporter base of over 3 million, and invested in voter-turnout programs in 130 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.