Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks Field Representatives for the upcoming special election in North Carolina’s 9th congressional district. This is a great, entry-level position for people of all types with a passion for politics. Field Representatives will mobilize likely progressive and liberal voters in an effort to increase turnout in this crucial special election.
Field Representatives are the face of PTP’s effort to connect with voters and get them to the polls. The ideal candidate is comfortable going door-to-door in a variety of neighborhoods to have conversations with voters. On-the-job training in messaging and voter contact techniques will be provided. This position reports directly to the NC-09 Field Director, with additional supervision by the NC-09 Operations Director.
- Communicate with assigned voters in a community via door-to-door canvassing, text messaging, and phone calls, in accordance with PTP messaging guidance
- Secure commitments to vote and assist voters in making a vote plan
- Accurately record the results of all attempted outreach in accordance with PTP data standards
- Utilize social media to promote PTP’s work in the community
- Maintain professionalism and sincerity at all times, especially when communicating with voters
- Other duties as needed
- Passion for politics
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals
- Access to reliable transportation (daily travel within district required)
- Previous political canvassing experience, either as staff or volunteer
- Bilingual-Spanish applicants are strongly encouraged to apply
- Full-time availability is preferred
- Part-time schedules with prorated salary will be considered for excellent applicants
Salary and Benefits
- $2,600 per month, paid semi-monthly on the 15th and last day of the month
- Employer-sponsored health insurance (after 30 days)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Monthly transportation stipend ($150)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get voters to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent and likely progressive or liberal voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $26 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 130 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.