Progressive Turnout Project seeks District Operations Directors (Opportunities Nationwide)
Position: District Operations Director
Location: Opportunities Nationwide
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000/year
Start Date: 1/1/2020 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/15/2020
Progressive Turnout Project seeks applicants for District Operations Director roles in targeted races across the country. This is a great opportunity for experienced field staff looking to take the next step in their career and gain additional experience.
The District Operations Director will work in coordination with the District Field Director to increase voter turnout, elect Democrats, and resist the Trump agenda. The District Operations Director will be the primary manager on the ground for all HR and office management tasks, and will assist in voter contact and coaching Field Representatives as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, well-organized, comfortable leading staff both in the office and in the field, an experienced canvasser, and proficient in NGP VAN.
This is a full-time paid position based in targeted races across the country, reporting to the Regional Field Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. Position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan stipend, public transportation stipend, paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Find, set up, and maintain field office; manage all office operations
- Monitor and record staff hours
- Work with the Operations Department to ensure all other on-the-ground operations needs are met
- Data entry as needed
- Coach Field Representatives in voter contact as needed
- Engage in voter contact as needed
- Facilitate team-building activities
- Assist District Field Director when able and as needed
- Other duties as needed
Required Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have at least one cycle of field experience or equivalent organizing experience
- You’re committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace
- You’re passionate about electing Democrats to public office and contributing knowledge to the progressive community
- You have access to a vehicle (position requires frequent travel within congressional district)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You have experience hiring, training, and managing a team
- You have strong knowledge of field targeting and metrics
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc), Microsoft Office, and VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $32 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 140 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.