Progressive Turnout Project seeks Regional Field Directors (Chicago)
Position: Regional Field Director
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000/year
Start Date: 10/1/2019 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/30/2020
Progressive Turnout Project seeks Regional Field Directors for the 2020 election cycle. Field is the heart of our operation and this is a great opportunity for experienced field staff looking to take the next step in their careers. We’re looking for passionate political operatives to oversee field operations in 4 to 6 offices across multiple states.
Regional Field Directors work with the National Field Director to design and implement a turnout plan, hire and manage district-level leadership, and track all quantitative and qualitative field metrics. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with some hiring and/or management experience, comfortable training staff, and proficient in VAN. Frequent travel is required for this role.
This is a full-time paid position based in Chicago, Illinois, reporting to the National Field Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. Position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k) with employer match, student loan stipend, public transportation stipend, professional development allowance, 3 weeks paid time off per year, 11 paid holidays per year, and paid parental leave.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with National Field Director to design and implement turnout plan for region
- Hire, train, and manage field staff for region
- Monitor progress, benchmarks, and deliverables in region
- Other duties as needed
Required Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have at least one cycle of field experience or equivalent organizing experience
- You’re committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace
- You’re passionate about electing Democrats to public office and contributing knowledge to the progressive community
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc), Microsoft Office, and VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You have experience hiring, training, and managing a team
- You have strong knowledge of field targeting and metrics
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $32 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 140 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.