Progressive Turnout Project seeks Operations Director (NC-09)
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks applicants for an in-district Operations Director in North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, in preparation for a potential special election to take place in 2019. This is a great opportunity for experienced field staff looking to take the next step in their career and gain operational experience.
The in-district Operations Director will work in coordination with the Canvass Director and Organizing Director to increase voter turnout, elect Democrats, and resist the Trump agenda. The in-district Operations Director will be the primary manager on the ground for all HR and office management tasks, and will assist in voter contact and coaching Field Representatives as needed.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, well-organized, comfortable leading staff both in the office and in the field, an experienced canvasser, and proficient in NGP VAN.
- Find, set up, and maintain field office; manage all office operations
- Monitor and record staff hours
- Work with the Operations Department to ensure all other on-the-ground operations needs are met
- Data entry as needed
- Coach Field Representatives in voter contact as needed
- Engage in voter contact as needed
- Facilitate team-building activities
- Assist Canvass Director and Organizing Director when able and as needed
- Other duties as needed
- Report to National Field Director
- At least one cycle of field experience
- Commitment to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace
- Passion for electing Democratic candidates
- Access to a vehicle (position requires frequent travel within congressional district)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required for Role)
- Experience hiring, training, and managing a team
- Knowledge of field targeting and metrics
- Proficient in NGP VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- Proficient in G Suite products (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets) and Microsoft Office
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary will range from $3,750 to $4,575 (based on qualifications and experience), paid semi-monthly
- Employer-sponsored health insurance, dental insurance, and 401(k) (after 30 days)
- Transportation stipend
- Paid time off (accrued)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $26 million with a supporter base of over 3 million, and invested in voter-turnout programs in 130 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.