Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks Field Organizers for the upcoming November 6, 2018 midterm election in New York's 19th Congressional District. This is a great, entry-level position for people of all types with a passion for politics. Field Organizers will mobilize specific communities of voters in an effort to increase voter turnout, elect Democrats, and resist the Trump agenda.
Field Organizers are the face of PTP’s effort on the ground to connect with targeted Democratic voters and get them to the polls. The ideal candidate has experience recruiting and organizing volunteers for a previous political or issue-based campaign and is comfortable going door-to-door in a variety of neighborhoods to have conversations with likely Democratic voters.
- Attend and organize local events to build a volunteer base
- Recruit and organize local volunteers to communicate with assigned voters in a community via door-to-door canvass, phone, and texting programs
- Coach volunteers to secure commitments to vote and assist voters in making a vote plan
- Engage in voter contact as necessary to ensure program reaches goals
- Maintain professionalism and sincerity at all times, especially when communicating with voters
- Utilize social media and other digital tools to amplify the organization's public work
- Reports to District Director
- Other duties as needed
- Passion for electing Democrats and progressives
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals
- Access to reliable transportation (frequent travel within district required)
- Previous organizing experience
- Experience canvassing and training others to do so
Salary and Benefits
- Up to $3,350 per month (based on qualifications and experience)
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- Transportation stipend
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots Political Action Committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts in the country. PTP currently has invested more than $600,000 in 10 Virginia House of Delegate districts. In the 2016 cycle, the group raised more than $5 million from more than 93,000 donors and ran programs in 19 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.