Progressive Turnout Project seeks Operations Assistants (Chicago)
Position: Operations Assistant
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Salary: $36,000 – $48,000/year
Start Date: 1/1/2020 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/30/2020
Progressive Turnout Project seeks applicants for Operations Assistants who will work with the Operations Director to manage personnel files, onboard new staff, assist with benefits administration and payroll, and complete additional operational duties as needed.
This is a full-time paid position based in Chicago, Illinois, reporting to the Data and Analytics Director. Compensation offered will be commensurate with experience. Position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan stipend, public transportation stipend, professional development allowance, 3 weeks paid time off per year, and 11 paid holidays per year.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Assist the Operations Director in onboarding new employees
- Compiling employee documents for personnel files
- Performing clerical and other administrative tasks as needed
Required Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You have strong attention to detail
- You have the ability to learn new skills and tools
- You’re organized with the ability to set clear goals and meet strict deadlines
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You’re proficient in G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc), Microsoft Office
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You have previous experience working in an Operations/HR environment
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded organization with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization has raised more than $32 million with a supporter base of over 3 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 140 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.