Progressive Takeover seeks 2018 North Carolina Programs Intern
What to expect:
North Carolina is running Fellowship and Internship programs designed to train, develop, and test the next generation of community organizers. Our team will work to engage targeted communities and young people: in the state legislative process, in actions to hold local office-holders accountable, in voter registration efforts, in building towards a powerful 2018 electoral program, and in turning out Democrats to the polls.
The Programs Intern will work directly with our HQ team in Raleigh, but your work will intersect across many departments including Field, Communications, Digital, and more! This is an exciting opportunity for a driven, ambitious person to get their feet wet in the organizing space and to learn about the core mission and programmatic work within the progressive field.
The Programs Intern must be able to commit to 10 hours per week through mid-November and will earn a monthly stipend. We are seeking applicants based in Raleigh.
- You will follow news coverage of North Carolina politics to compile, distill, and create daily team update clips
- You will assist with grassroots and programmatic logistics, including database maintenance, gathering reports from the field, and rapid response event needs
- You will provide background research for content: may include briefings, reports, press releases, pitches, and other materials
- You will coordinate with the Deputy State Director to assist in content creation for social media and digital platforms to amplify our messaging
- You will assist HQ staff in coordinating professional development training events
- You will be at the forefront of the fight by assisting with daily program operations
- You will assist with additional administrative and organizational support, as assigned by the State Direct and/or Deputy State Director
- You are enthusiastic about state and local politics
- You are detail-oriented, professional, proactive, and responsible
- You have strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- You are flexible and self-motivated
- You are able to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- You are willing to work irregular hours at times, including weekends
- You can travel occasionally
- You are able to quickly learn and utilize Google Drive, Google Suite, Gmail, Google Calendar, and other online and texting software
Electoral success and political change start at the local level, and it is time we give state races the same energy and resources we invest in a presidential election. Our trained field staff bring the latest in data-driven targeting and research-backed tactics directly to the voter’s door. Our grassroots Progressive movement will mobilize voters to end Republican gerrymandering, reverse voter suppression laws, and take back our state chambers. In 2018, we’re bringing our programs to some of the most competitive state legislative contests in the country.
Progressive Takeover is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Progressive Takeover is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. We especially invite women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, those formerly incarcerated, folks with a range of ages and experience levels, and those of non-traditional backgrounds to apply.