Progressive Turnout Project Seeks Fellows
$25/Hour, Part-Time, 6 Months
Progressive Turnout Project seeks passionate political activists of all backgrounds to be a part of its Fellows Class of 2019. With hard work and determination, Democrats regained control of the House of Representatives and flared up the blue wave. However, our work is not done yet, we still need to set the tone for a strong platform ahead of the 2020 presidential primary election by promoting progressive legislation which will positively impact Americans.
Fellows will obtain a direct insight into the political process by organizing events and motivating people to take action within their own communities. The goal is to find and connect with like-minded individuals who will help us help the country and advocate for progressive legislation like the For the People Act, Medicare for All, and Green New Deal. Are you ready to be a leader in your community? Progressive Turnout Project will give you the skills necessary as a Fellow!
This is a part-time contract position which offers you the opportunity to be a voice of your community while building a personal network of political contacts at the local and state level. Fellows will gain an array of skills to their repertoire that will enhance their political judgment and professionalism which are vital in politics.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. Fellows will report the the Fellows Program Coordinator.
- Build a network of like-minded activists and organizations in your city and state
- Plan and coordinate localized events based on national themes (e.g. voting rights, health care, climate change) to activate voices in the community
- Develop a strategy to recruit volunteers and mobilize groups that will help you execute monthly local or state events
- Amplify our progressive goals by regularly engaging with your online community
You will be a good fit for this position if you're:
- Ready to grow as a leader who seeks to be rooted in community
- Interested in working with and learning from experienced political professionals
- An experienced canvasser or volunteered on political campaigns in the past
- Familiar with Google products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive), Hustle, Slack and Twitter
- Ready to hold Donald Trump and Republicans accountable for their destructive actions
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded political action committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $26 million with a supporter base of over 3 million, and invested in voter-turnout programs in 130 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.