Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks an experienced political organizer to help develop and lead our 2018 fellows program. PTP is proudly dedicated to connecting with voters and getting Democrats to the polls. Our fellows program will work with targeted campaigns to recruit, train, and mobilize paid fellows during the final weeks of the 2018 campaign to help deliver electoral victories on November 6.
The Fellows Program Coordinator will work with the Executive Director, Communications Director, and National Field Director to create an action plan for the fellows program as well as any and all training materials for the fellows program. The Fellows Program Coordinator will connect with endorsed candidates’ campaigns and recruit fellows from targeted districts. In early fall, the Fellows Program Coordinator will convene online or regional fellows training sessions and then track program metrics between the program launch and Election Day.
This is a full-time paid position based in Chicago, Illinois, that will end on November 30, 2018. There are no formal education requirements for this position. The Fellows Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director.
- Propose 2018 fellows program plan
- Connect with endorsed candidates’ campaigns and recruit fellows
- Develop training materials
- Convene fellows training
- Monitor and track program metrics
- Produce summary of program and recommendations for 2020
- Other duties as needed
Required Qualifications - you will be a good fit for this role if:
- You have at least one cycle of political campaign experience
- You have experience training and managing a full-time team of people
- You are familiar with campaign tech and tools (specifically G Suite, Hustle, Slack, Twitter, and VAN)
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace which celebrates and increases a wealth of diversity
- You are passionate about electing progressive Democrats to office
Preferred Qualifications - we would love to hear about these skills (they are not required)
- You have experience recruiting and hiring campaign staff
- You have previously managed or participated in a campaign fellows program
Salary and Benefits
Your monthly salary will range from $3,000 to $5,000 based on qualifications and experience and will be paid semi-monthly. Your benefits will include: Employer-sponsored health and dental insurance, access to a 401(k) account, public transit benefit, and accrued paid time off.
Instructions to Apply
Candidates can apply by submitting a resume and either a cover letter or writing sample online at turnoutpac.org/jobs. Applications received by June 15 will be given the highest priority.
About Progressive Turnout Project
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots-funded Political Action Committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter-turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts across the country. Since its inception in 2015, the organization raised more than $16 million with a supporter base of over 2.6 million and invested in voter-turnout programs in 26 congressional races and 17 state legislative races, including 10 Virginia House of Delegate races 2017.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.