Various locations nationwide, particularly: CA-45, CA-48, CO-06, FL-18, FL-26, FL-27, IA-01, IA-03, IL-06, KS-03, MI-11, MN-02, NE-02, NJ-07, NJ-11, NV-03, NY-19, PA-06 (new boundaries), PA-17 (new boundaries), TX-07, OH-12, VA-07, VA-10, and WI-01
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks District Directors to manage our on-the-ground efforts in an assigned target district for upcoming special elections and the November 2018 midterm election. This is a great opportunity for experienced field staff looking to take the next step in their career. District Directors will independently manage teams of Field Representatives to mobilize infrequent voters in an effort to increase turnout, elect Democrats, and ultimately Take Back The House. The District Director will be the primary manager on the ground, leading PTP’s effort to connect with voters and get them to the polls. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, an experienced canvasser, comfortable training staff both in the office and in the field, and proficient in NGP VAN.
- Oversee full execution of PTP’s turnout program in assigned district with minimal supervision
- Find and set up a field office; manage all office operations
- Recruit, hire, train, and coach field staff
- Monitor program progress, benchmarks, and deliverables
- Report to Regional Director
- Other duties as needed
- At least one cycle of field experience (ideally managing staff, or equivalent organizing experience)
- Commitment to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace
- Passion for electing Democratic candidates
- Access to a vehicle (frequent travel within congressional district)
- Experience hiring, training, and managing a team
- Knowledge of field targeting and metrics
- Proficient in NGP VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, monitoring canvass results, and managing MiniVAN users)
- Proficient in G Suite products (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides) and MS Office
Salary and Benefits
- Monthly salary for this role will range from $3,750 to $4,575 (based on qualifications and experience), paid bi-monthly
- Employer-sponsored health insurance
- Transportation stipend
- Paid time off (accrued)
Progressive Turnout Project is a grassroots Political Action Committee with a single mission: get Democrats to the polls. PTP designs, tests, and executes specialized voter turnout programs targeting inconsistent Democratic voters in the most competitive districts in the country. PTP currently has invested more than $600,000 in 10 Virginia House of Delegate districts. In the 2016 cycle, the group raised more than $5 million from more than 93,000 donors and ran programs in 19 congressional races.
Progressive Turnout Project is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. PTP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is PTP’s policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veterans status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.