Progressive Takeover seeks Wisconsin Regional Directors
seeks Wisconsin Regional Directors to help lead our 2018 Wisconsin field program. Connecting with voters in the field is at the core of everything we do, and we are looking for driven and organized managers to help develop and lead our field operations in Wisconsin. We are investing heavily in State Senate and State Assembly districts statewide, and you will lead all operations within your region. We're a bold new organization growing rapidly, and you will be at the heart of our inaugural programs.
The Wisconsin Regional Directors will work directly with the State Director to craft and execute our Wisconsin program. You will lead the hiring and management of Field Staff and track all field metrics throughout the program. You would be a great fit for this role if you are well-organized, have hired or managed staff before, are comfortable training others, and have a real passion for electing strong progressives.
This is a full-time position through November 15, 2018. There are no formal education requirements for this position. Regional Directors will be assigned to an area of Wisconsin and will report directly to the Wisconsin State Director.
- Oversee full execution of Progressive Takeover’s voter mobilization program in assigned district(s) with minimal supervision
- Find and set up a field office; manage all office operations
- Recruit, hire, and train field staff
- Monitor program progress, benchmarks, and deliverables
- Other duties as needed
- You have at least a cycle of experience in field organizing or a related position
- You are committed to establishing a culture of community and respect in the workplace which celebrates and increases a wealth of diversity
- You are passionate about electing progressive Democrats to state office
- You have access to a vehicle and are prepared to travel often around your region
- You have worked in Wisconsin politics previously, preferably in field or organizing
- You have experience hiring, training, and managing a team, particularly a field team
- You are proficient in VAN (especially list building, turf cutting, and MiniVAN)
- You have used texting tools (e.g. Hustle, Ground Game/Groundbase, Megaphone, Relay) and understand the value of using digital tools to organize
- You are proficient in G Suite (Google Docs, Calendar, Gmail) and Microsoft Office
Salary and Benefits
Your monthly salary will range from $3500 to $4250 (based on qualifications and experience) and will be paid bi-monthly. Your benefits will include: Employer-sponsored health insurance, a transportation stipend, and paid time off (accrued).
Electoral success and political change start at the local level, and it is time we give state races the same energy and resources we invest in a presidential election. Our trained field staff bring the latest in data-driven targeting and research-backed tactics directly to the voter’s door. Our grassroots Progressive movement will mobilize voters to end Republican gerrymandering, reverse voter suppression laws, and take back our state chambers.
In 2017 with our affiliated organization Progressive Turnout Project
, we sent our trained teams into 10 targeted state house districts in Virginia, flipping all 10 districts from Republican to Democratic control. In 2018, we’ll bring our programs to some of the most competitive state legislative contests in the country.
Progressive Takeover is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Progressive Takeover is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. We especially invite women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, those formerly incarcerated, folks with a range of ages and experience levels, and those of non-traditional backgrounds to apply.