Progressive Takeover seeks Wisconsin Field Representatives
seeks Field Representatives for our field programs in the upcoming November 2018 elections. Reaching voters in their community is at the core of everything we do, and you will help lead our on-the-ground operations. This is an exciting opportunity for people of all types who have a real passion for politics. Field Reps will mobilize communities of voters in an effort to increase voter turnout, elect progressive Democrats, and resist the Wisconsin GOP agenda. We are a bold new organization growing rapidly, and you will be at the heart of our inaugural programs.
Field Representatives are the face of Progressive Takeover’s efforts to connect with targeted Democratic voters and get them to the polls. You should be comfortable going door-to-door in a variety of neighborhoods and having conversations with likely Democratic voters. You will receive on-the-job training in messaging, political strategy, and voter contact techniques.
This position can be full-time or part-time and runs through November 9, 2018. There are no formal education requirements for this position. Field Representatives will be assigned to a local area and will report to their Regional Director.
- You will communicate with voters in the community at their doors, over the phone, and via text
- You will provide election information, secure commitments to vote, and assist with vote plans
- You will maintain professionalism at all times, especially when communicating with voters
- You will utilize social media and other digital tools to amplify the work we're doing
- You will perform other duties as needed
- You are passionate about electing progressive Democrats to state office
- You have strong verbal communication skills and are comfortable talking to new people
- You are able to meet deadlines and goals
- You have access to reliable transportation (position requires daily travel within assigned area)
- You have previous political canvassing experience (paid or volunteer)
- You have local connections to your area or have lived or worked in Wisconsin previously
Salary and Benefits
You will be paid $15-20 per hour (based on qualifications and experience), paid weekly. Your available benefits include: Employer-sponsored health insurance, a transportation stipend, and paid time off (accrued). Both full-time and part-time schedules are available.
Electoral success and political change start at the local level, and it is time we give state races the same energy and resources we invest in a presidential election. Our trained field staff bring the latest in data-driven targeting and research-backed tactics directly to the voter’s door. Our grassroots Progressive movement will mobilize voters to end Republican gerrymandering, reverse voter suppression laws, and take back our state chambers.
In 2017 with our affiliated organization Progressive Turnout Project
, we sent our trained teams into 10 targeted state house districts in Virginia, flipping all 10 districts from Republican to Democratic control. In 2018, we're bringing our programs to some of the most competitive state legislative contests in the country.
Progressive Takeover is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote, and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to age, color, creed, disability, economic status, ethnic identity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Progressive Takeover is committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse communities that make up our country and the progressive movement. We especially invite women, people of color, the LGBTQ community, those formerly incarcerated, folks with a range of ages and experience levels, and those of non-traditional backgrounds to apply.