As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will own the entire mobile Turn app on both Android and iOS platforms. We have a functioning mobile app in the stores today but are actively working on building our on-demand marketplace. We’re looking for an individual with insatiable curiosity. You love learning, and are always eager to apply what you’ve learned to your work. You have expertise with mobile development, ideally using React Native, and have a proven portfolio of mobile apps in the Play and iTunes stores. We are an entrepreneurial environment and previous startup experience is a huge plus. Working at Turn will bring you the excitement and influence only a early stage startup can, with the added benefit of stable outside funding and a leadership team with a track record of success.
Some of your Responsibilities
• Work with the business teams to continue to evolve the Turn app and build the labor marketplace.
• Work closely with the backend team to define requirements, and API interfaces for interop between the mobile app and backend services layers.
• Using a lightweight Agile methodology, iteratively mobile applications in close collaboration with the product team.
• Integrate with native SDKs such as location, TouchID and Camera, and other third-party libraries as necessary.
• Work together with product, design, and business to define the future roadmap.
• Take an active role in growing the engineering team.
• Be part of a growing distributed organization that spans the US and Mexico.
• Proven experience (and portfolio) developing highly scalable mobile apps in production.
• 3+ years mobile development experience ideally with multiple small or a single large application in the Play or iTunes stores.
• Deep understanding of Google Material Design and Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, and what makes a mobile application stand out from the crowd.
• You have created a least one mobile app using React Native.
• Familiarity with React tools such as Flux, Redux and Mobx.
• Strong understanding of test-driven development.
• Unrelenting focus on quality
• Familiarity with Python 3 a plus.
• Familiarity with ReactJS on the web a plus.
• Fluency in English.
• Are within 2 hours of Central Time/Chicago.