What we’re looking for
As our first Quality Assurance Automation hire, you’ll be the individual primarily responsible for software quality at Turn. You have a careful attention to detail and love breaking things. When you use a new web or mobile app, invariably you find all the ways that it doesn’t work or could work better.
• Acts as Turn’s champion of software quality
• You will be responsible for quality across all components of the Turn Platform:
· REST API
· Web dashboards built in React
· Mobile App built using React Native
• Participates in the design, development, and implementation of software quality standards and procedures to maintain high levels of software quality and product reliability
• Develop test plans, scripts, and other documentation for various functional and non-functional testing activities
• Executes manual, automated, and/or scenario-based testing on multiple platforms.
• Records testing defects and monitors defect resolution
• Works closely with the development team to diagnose issues, resolve defects, and ensure that product features meet acceptance criteria per the user stories
• Be proactive on following through testing progress to ensure minimum technical debt
• Work with our team to develop and deploy features that are impactful, performant and well tested
• Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production environment
• Recommend best-in-class testing solutions across the environment
• Help build the kind of work culture that will make Turn the place you and your friends will want to work for
• Share, mentor and foster an environment where you and others can grow and share technical knowledge
• Be part of a growing distributed organization that spans the US and Mexico
• A Bachelor's Degree in science, technology, engineering, or a equivalent work experience is required.
• Minimum 3 years of working experience with knowledge of established QA practices using SCRUM Agile methodology.
• Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask and manage several projects at any given time.
• Ability to collaborate, act as a team player, communicate across various layers of the organization, and work in cross-functional distributed teams.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary.
• We are looking for candidates with expertise with a minimum of two of the following skillsets: SQL, Python 3/Pytest,/ReactJS/Chai/Enzyme, Selenium Webdriver
• Proficiency with at least one object oriented programming language
• Experience with Git and Github in a collaborative environment
• Experience with MVC architectures is a plus
• Competitive Salary
• Casual dress