We are a dynamic, fast-growing startup in the HR tech space with offices in Chicago and Mexico City. We work as a distributed team where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create a superior experience for on-demand platforms that hire a contingent workforce (think contractors) and for the 1099 workers that are looking for new opportunities.
As a Compliance Assistant at Turn, you will be working closely with our Compliance team and will be responsible for providing support across the many tasks at hand, including, but not limited to, being the first point of contact for our customers and the workers that come through our platform, resolving any issues that may arise during their background check or onboarding process, assisting the team with ad-hoc research projects and providing fantastic customer service overall.
The Ideal Candidate
You are an energetic team player who is eager to learn and grow with our company. Your English skills (written and verbal) are impecable. You are proactive and a great communicator.
Mexico City (Polanco)
The Compliance Assistant is responsible for assisting the Compliance Manager and VP of Compliance in all elements of the employment screening and review processes, including the background check process of prospective workers for our on-demand partner platforms. This includes providing customer service, managing tickets in our Freshdesk system, resolving worker issues, replying to emails, and providing timely follow up to requests for information.
· Work closely with your team to learn our processes and be able to provide accurate information and customer service to the workers that come onto our platform.
· Monitor the turnaround times of all background checks initiated on our platform to ensure we are meeting industry standards.
· Be on top of the ticketing system, to ensure we are providing timely responses and follow ups.
· Work with internal teams to assist with resolving discrepancies or to address any adverse action claims.
· Be extremely detail oriented and observant of any errors or information that looks inaccurate.
· Ad-hoc projects to be determined by your Manager
Necessary skills, characteristics, and experience:
· Bachelors' degree
· At least 2 years’ work experience in an office setting
· A legal, compliance or assurance services background a plus.
· Strong English language skills, both written and spoken.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High discretion and judgement skill is a must.
· Excellent research skills is a must (Investigative research or paralegal, experience a plus).
· Ability to work under deadlines is a must (experience in production environment a plus).
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
We offer a competitive salary and an opportunity to grow fast within the company!