At Turn we improve the lives of working people by making it easier to find meaningful well-paying work in the gig-economy.
We are looking for a Mobile UX/UI Designer to join our growing product team, who will be responsible for working on the design of our mobile and web platforms. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for user-centric design, is driven by an inquisitive curiosity to learn, and can pick up new knowledge and skills independently. Your primary focus will be creating a visually appealing, well flowing and intuitive mobile application. Secondarily you will also be responsible for the web applications used internally by Turn and our customer partners.
Blank sheet of paper? No problem! Our candidate is ambitious, energetic, hungry and craves responsibility. In this position, a candidate work cross-functionally with product and engineering to create new experiences, features and products. You will work closely with a small team of product managers, developers and designers to bring your designs to light in the products we are building. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality is essential.
You must have a portfolio of your previous apps and other digital designs to apply for this position.
How you will contribute:
• UX/UI application design efforts for both mobile and web platforms
• Gather solution requirements and create wireframes, mockups, clickable prototypes, sketches and written specifications
• Use user insight, analytics, best practices, competitor analysis to inform design decisions
• Collaborate with management teams from conceptual ideation to art direction
• Analyze user experience problems and create design solutions
• Create user-centered designs by considering market trends, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Elicits constructive feedback and interprets that feedback into practical and creative design solutions.
What you have:
• At least a year of experience designing for mobile and web
• Professional portfolio showcasing your UI and UX expertise
• Familiarity with current design trends
• Creativity and the ability to iterate on big ideas and work out all the details
• An understanding of design related software such as (but not limited to) Sketch, InVision, Photoshop or Illustrator
• Comfort in beginning with low fidelity wireframes and moving to high fidelity prototypes
• The ability to give and receive feedback supported by expertise, data, and experience
It would be great if also you have:
• A degree in Interactive Design, Graphic Design, or other related field
• Experience with U/X functions such as user research, personas, user journeys etc.
• Experience working with vector based graphics.
What we offer:
• A close-knit team dedicated to improving the lives of working people
• Office space in Polanco, but flexibility to work from anywhere