We're looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our growing Applications Engineering team. Manufacturing is changing. It goes by many names: Industry 4.0, Digital Manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things. The challenge is the same: how to adopt the latest advances in web technology and connected devices, and apply them to a massive industry dominated by antiquated legacy software. We are seeking someone who will help Tulip deploy its innovative product across manufacturers of all sizes.
, we’re using technology to empower the people who build our world. We created the first manufacturing app platform to allow process engineers to bring digital transformation to their factory floors. Factories run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. We call it bottom-up digital transformation. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
- Evaluate customer’s technical requirements.
- Utilize your technical customer experience to guide our enterprise feature development.
- Building repeatable process for deployments and navigating customer’s Enterprise IT.
- Work with integrators and train them in best practices.
- Travel and assist in deployment of our product to customers across the globe ~30% time.
- You are excited to dive into complex problems.
- Messy cables drive you insane
- You are comfortable collaborating across the full stack, from Sales to Customer Success to Engineering.
- You want to contribute to the revolution and build something big.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes, and you’re excited to help build.
- You have experience working in a startup environment or at a minimum are ready to take the plunge.
- BS Degree; CS/Engineering (or relevant experience)
- Intermediate networking knowledge
- Intermediate SQL knowledge and some basic coding experience
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- First-rate time management and organization skills
- Aptitude to learn fast and a demonstrated ability to lead by example
- Travel up to 50% time
- Manufacturing Floor Experience
- PLC knowledge (from ladder logic to translators like kepware)
- CNC programming knowledge
- Experience working with IT
- Experience with Kubernetes, software deployments
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.