We're looking for an adept and creative technologist to join our growing TechOps team as our first Junior Developer. For your first mission you will design, architect, develop, and maintain multi-platform integration solutions in support of Tulip’s business systems and strategic initiatives, reporting directly to our TechOps Team Lead.
The Tulip customer base is growing, especially with small and self-service customers. The Junior Developer will be in charge of building solutions to serve this growing base of small customers. That includes both customer-facing solutions and internal systems that make it easy to sell and service these accounts.
is the first Platform-as-a-Service for manufacturing. We’re disrupting one of the largest industries in the world and empowering the people who make the things you interact with every day. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
As a Junior Developer you will:
- Serve as a solutions provider and subject matter expert for the numerous application frameworks within the Tulip ecosystem.
- Take the initiative in talking with stakeholders, rapidly iterating solutions based on feedback. This position is inherently collaborative and requires strong interpersonal skills in addition to technical excellence.
- Assume ownership of our WordPress CMS, including custom plugin development and administration. Familiarity with common forms plugin functionality and WooCommerce a plus.
- Integrate multiple data sources to a shared data service, supporting numerous teams (marketing, customer success, sales). The service should enable ad-hoc reporting and querying by stakeholders.
- Work as an individual contributor on multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Tulip to provide integration and development services for strategic initiatives.
- Plan and execute the integration of existing and new applications, using either custom development or appropriate third-party integration software.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine integration needs and assess dependencies and risk.
- Draft technical designs, engineering plans, testing plans, sequence diagrams, and other systems integration related documents.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience working with on Agile teams (SCRUM/Kanban)
• Experience working with REST/GraphQL APIs
• Experience working with an object-oriented programming language and enterprise application architectures
• Test Driven Development
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
- Experience with mongoDB
- Experience with CMS, WordPress, HubSpot and/or SalesForce
- Interest in marketing
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.