Have a passion for error-free code? Detail-oriented and take pride in ensuring reliable products? Looking to build a state-of-the-art continuous integration system to automate testing over software and hardware platforms? This might be your dream job!
We are looking for candidates of all experience levels to help drive quality at Tulip. Come have fun with us and help build a world class company and product.
Sound interesting? Apply below!
Tulip is the first Platform-as-a-Service for manufacturing. We’re disrupting one of the largest industries in the world and empowering the people who make the things you interact with every day. Factories that are run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. Why? Because manufacturing apps guide and provide them with the right information at the right time. We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
The Engineering team at Tulip designs, prototypes, and delivers hardware and periphery software applications that customers use to solve their manufacturing problems. We are a diverse group of hackers, engineers, scientists, and artist that are driven to build real world solutions that transform manufacturing. While we enjoy challenges and work hard, we also make sure to have fun, support each other, and learn together.
What You’ll Be Doing
Tulip builds its own hardware, Linux operating system, and web applications that depend on and interact with each other. As such, we have a complex system that spans different technology stacks and requires different testing and integration strategies.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for building a cohesive system that automates testing and software builds. In addition, you will be responsible for growth of QA processes and work across teams to make sure features are tested end-to-end..
- Build a set of integration tests across a cluster of Tulip hardware and monitor for errors and performance
- Automate testing related to network configurations and proxied environments across multiple product offerings
- Setup and maintain compute clusters to build variations of the Tulip OS.
- Increase test coverage on currently untested aspects of Tulip through manual and automated test plans.
- Add and control external test hardware to perform hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Find regressions, log and verify bugs
- Create comprehensive records of testing
Your Skill Set
- Experience with Jenkins, Concourse or other CI system
- Experience with multiple programming language (JS, Ruby, Python C/C++, Rust, etc.)
- Experience with Bash scripting is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Linux applications such as Systemd is a plus but not required
- Experience in hardware is a plus but not required
Other technologies used in the Tulip stack
- Robot Framework
- BASH scripting
Working at Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.