Do you want to disrupt manufacturing IT? We are building the best team in the industry to bring consumer-grade user experiences to a space overrun by ancient enterprise technology. Tulip is developing the Manufacturing App Platform and Shop-Floor IoT Hardware to bring people back to the center of manufacturing, enable Manufacturing Engineers to create apps without code and to connect their apps to machines, sensors and smart tools. Our self-service platform allows customers and partners to instrument and augment production lines that would otherwise rely on paper to share information, collecting vital data about what’s really happening on the factory floor.
We’re based in Somerville, MA and have raised $13m from NEA, Pitango and other leading investors. Our customers include some of the largest manufacturers in the world across numerous verticals. We’ve been recognized by leading industry analysts such as a Cool Vendor by Gartner, Innovator by IDC and Entrepreneurial Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on our organization and the manufacturing industry, we'd love to talk to you.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for developing and handling contact with new clients, while actively building relationships through marketing activities and outbound calling/email campaigns. The goal of a BDR is to advance interested prospects to qualified leads, setting on-site appointments and demonstrations for the Account Executive, while working the lead to early opportunity stages.
- Identifying key contacts and target accounts through prospecting
- Developing a territory strategy to penetrate key target accounts
- Achieving individual & team metrics through outbound prospecting efforts
- Ensuring quality of opportunities so they become forecasted pipeline
- Developing skills necessary for successful lead generation and demo completion
- Collaborating with and providing feedback to Sales, Marketing, Product, and Executive Leadership
- Focusing on your 'personal development plan' to accelerate your career in tech-sales
- You are genuine, humble, and intellectually curious.
- You want to contribute to our revolution and building something big.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes, and you’re excited to help build.
- You have a heart for customers and partners, and you love to listen and learn from them.
- You’re excited about learning how things are made.
- You understand the value and the ups-and-downs of building something.
- You have experience working in a startup environment.
- Minimum of one year working at a SaaS or Technology company
- Bachelor's Degree
- Passion to build a sales career in technology
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Time-management and awareness of your calendar
- Team-based attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.