is the first Platform-as-a-Service for manufacturing. We’re disrupting one of the largest industries in the world and empowering the people who make the things you interact with every day. Factories that are run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. Why? Because manufacturing apps guide and provide them with the right information at the right time. We call it bottom-up digital transformation. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for the initial prospecting and qualifying of sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key stakeholders, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for recent graduates starting their careers in sales. It provides a foundation for future sales roles, and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
- Qualify leads from various methods of marketing programs.
- Communicate to prospective customers the value of Tulip.
- Maintain accurate records within Salesforce
- Qualify prospects and forward to the Sales team to engage the customer, focusing on increasing the probability of new sales activity.
- Direct discussions with the prospects focusing on appropriate key messages through identification of account type, such as Major accounts, Prospect Accounts, and Commercial Accounts
- Maintain a standard metric/level of outreach across phone calls, emails, social media touches and more each day
- Provide ongoing Lead Development for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Expand job knowledge and skill set to remain current with products and positioning through ongoing training.
- Professionally represent Tulip at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
- Manage sales related actions for each territory
- 6 months to 1 year of professional experience and/or training in an Inside Sales environment preferred (or relevant internship experience in a sales environment).
- Ability to understand and evaluate customer requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate bold goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Tulip sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.