Do you want to disrupt manufacturing IT? We are building the best team in the industry to bring consumer-grade user experiences to a space overrun by ancient enterprise technology. Tulip is developing the Manufacturing App Platform and Shop-Floor IoT Hardware to bring people back to the center of manufacturing, enable Manufacturing Engineers to create apps without code and to connect their apps to machines, sensors and smart tools. Our self-service platform allows customers and partners to instrument and augment production lines that would otherwise rely on paper to share information, collecting vital data about what’s really happening on the factory floor.
We’re based in Somerville, MA and have raised $13m from NEA, Pitango and other leading investors. Our customers include some of the largest manufacturers in the world across numerous verticals. We’ve been recognized by leading industry analysts such as a Cool Vendor by Gartner, Innovator by IDC and Entrepreneurial Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on our organization and the manufacturing industry, we'd love to talk to you.
About the role
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be responsible for the initial prospecting and qualifying of sales leads. Gathering prospect/customer information which includes: researching the prospect’s company for industry information, competitors, compelling business events, key decision-makers, and important information needed to take the prospect to the next sales stage. This is an exciting role for recent graduates starting their careers in sales. It provides a foundation for future sales roles, and is a great way to join a fast-paced and growing company.
- Qualify leads from various methods of marketing programs.
- Communicate to prospective customers the value of Tulip.
- Maintain accurate records within Salesforce Qualify prospects and forward to the Sales team to engage the customer, focusing on increasing the probability of new sales activity.
- Direct discussions with the prospects focusing on appropriate key messages through identification of account type, such as Major accounts, Prospect Accounts, and Commercial Accounts
- Provide ongoing Lead Development for prospects that are not currently ready to purchase.
- Expand job knowledge and skill set to remain current with products and positioning through ongoing training.
- Professionally represent Tulip at all times, working positively and effectively with internal resources and external customers.
- Take lead on sales related actions for each territory
- 6 months to 1 year of professional experience and/or training in an Inside Sales environment preferred (or relevant internship experience in a sales environment).
- Ability to understand and analyze customer requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent networking skills, both internal and external
- The ability to function in a team atmosphere, appreciate aggressive goals, and have excellent organizational/time management skills is also desired
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Tulip sales team
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.