Do you want to disrupt manufacturing IT? We are building the best team in the industry to bring consumer-grade user experiences to a space overrun by ancient enterprise technology. Tulip is developing the Manufacturing App Platform and Shop-Floor IoT Hardware to bring people back to the center of manufacturing, enable Manufacturing Engineers to create apps without code and to connect their apps to machines, sensors and smart tools. Our self-service platform allows customers and partners to instrument and augment production lines that would otherwise rely on paper to share information, collecting vital data about what’s really happening on the factory floor.
We’re based in Somerville, MA and have raised $13m from NEA, Pitango and other leading investors. Our customers include some of the largest manufacturers in the world across numerous verticals. We’ve been recognized by leading industry analysts such as a Cool Vendor by Gartner, Innovator by IDC and Entrepreneurial Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on our organization and the manufacturing industry, we'd love to talk to you.
About the role
As an Sales Account Executive (SAE), you will have the opportunity to build your business from the ground up in an entrepreneurial fashion. Collaborating with Business Development, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Teams, and Channel Partners, you will be responsible for achieving and exceeding quarterly sales targets. In this high-velocity role, you will focus on small and mid-sized enterprise businesses, taking leads through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close. Once the ISR identifies an opportunity, he/she will build rapport, perform product demos, provide technical information and explanations, and follow-through by closing the deal working with our partner ecosystem.
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Manage entire sales process from prospecting to close, including accurate pipeline forecasting
- Break into and navigate medium to large-sized organizations and develop continuing relationships with your contacts.
- Articulate the value of our solution while defending its technical viability.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Conduct phone calls and demonstrate Tulip via web conferencing
- Ask thoughtful questions that assess business needs and their technical pain-points.
- Educate key players and garner mind-share around innovation.
- Develop champions, stakeholder mind-share, and close at the VP/C-level.
- Leverage and collaborate with internal/external resources as a team player; Customer Team, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Channel Partners, Operations, Finance and Customer References etc.
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- 2+ years of selling SaaS or PaaS solutions and/or channel sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven quota attainment
- Technology sales experience a plus
- Proven track record of quota attainment in an inside sales capacity
- Highly productive communication skills, with ability to manage multiple emails, phone calls, social media, and more each day
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Tulip team
- Possess a strong background of achieving over 100%+ of your quota
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com; organize / report on all sales productivity on a consistent basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.