Do you want to disrupt manufacturing IT? We are building the best team in the industry to bring consumer-grade user experiences to a space overrun by ancient enterprise technology. Tulip is developing the Manufacturing App Platform and Shop-Floor IoT Hardware to bring people back to the center of manufacturing, enable Manufacturing Engineers to create apps without code and to connect their apps to machines, sensors and smart tools. Our self-service platform allows customers and partners to instrument and augment production lines that would otherwise rely on paper to share information, collecting vital data about what’s really happening on the factory floor.
We’re based in Somerville, MA and have raised $13m from NEA, Pitango and other leading investors. Our customers include some of the largest manufacturers in the world across numerous verticals. We’ve been recognized by leading industry analysts such as a Cool Vendor by Gartner, Innovator by IDC and Entrepreneurial Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on our organization and the manufacturing industry, we'd love to talk to you.
About the role
As an Inside Sales Representative (ISR), you will be responsible for developing and handling contact with prospective new clients, while actively building relationships through marketing activities and outbound calling/email campaigns. Once the ISR identifies an opportunity, he/she will build rapport, perform product demos, provide technical information and explanations, and follow-through by closing the deal.
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Break into and navigate medium to large-sized organizations and develop continuing relationships with your contacts.
- Articulate the value of our solution while defending its technical viability.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Conduct phone calls and demonstrate Tulip via web conferencing
- Understand how to set your own sales cadence.
- Ask thoughtful questions that assess business needs and their technical pain-points.
- Educate key players and garner mind-share around innovation.
- Develop champions, stakeholder mind-share, and close at the VP/C-level.
- Leverage and collaborate with internal/external resources as a team player; Customer Team, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Channel Partners, Operations, Finance and Customer References etc.
- You are a SaaS hunter and closer
- Think on your feet in difficult situations.
- You are genuine, humble, and intellectually curious
- You want to contribute to our revolution and building something big.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes, and you’re excited to help build.
- You have a heart for customers and partners, and you love to listen and learn from them.
- You're not afraid to roll your sleeves and dig into big, complex projects.
- You’re naturally curious and excited about learning how things are made.
- You understand the value and the ups-and-downs of building something.
- You have sold complex software solutions in a startup environment.
- Minimum 2-3 years selling SaaS or PaaS solutions into enterprise accounts
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to operate and move deals through complex organizations.
- Possess a strong background of achieving over 100%+ of your quota
- Ability to penetrate new accounts and strategically value sell six figure transactions.
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com; organize / report on all sales productivity on a consistent basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you don't check every box, but see yourself chipping in, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.