Tulip is disrupting one of the largest industries in the world.
We’re the pioneer of Manufacturing Apps and built the first Manufacturing App Platform, currently used by the world’s leading manufacturers to run their operations. Factories run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. Why? Because Manufacturing Apps guide and provide them with the right information at the right time.
We’re proud of empowering the people who make the things you interact with every day, and we believe in the power of bottom-up digital transformation. That’s why we recently launched Factory Kit, an innovative IIoT quick-start kit, and a free version of our Platform-as-a-Service. And we’re just getting started. Join our team if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
About the role
As a Commercial Sales Executive (CSE), you will have the opportunity to build your business from the ground up in an entrepreneurial fashion. Working hand in hand with Business Development, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Teams, and Channel Partners, you will achieve and exceed quarterly sales targets. In this high-velocity role, you will focus on small and mid-sized enterprise businesses, taking leads through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close. Once the CSE identifies an opportunity, he/she will build rapport, perform product demos, provide technical information and explanations, and follow-through by closing the deal working with our partner ecosystem.
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Manage entire sales process from prospecting to close, including accurate pipeline forecasting
- Break into and navigate medium to large-sized organizations and develop continuing relationships with your contacts.
- Articulate the value of our solution while defending its technical viability.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Conduct phone calls and demonstrate Tulip via web conferencing
- Ask thoughtful questions that assess business needs and their technical pain-points.
- Educate key players and garner mindshare around innovation.
- Develop champions, stakeholders, and close at the VP/C-level.
- Leverage and collaborate with internal/external resources as a team player; Customer Team, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Channel Partners, Operations, Finance and Customer References etc.
- Understand customer needs and requirements
- 2+ years of selling SaaS or PaaS solutions and/or channel sales experience in a revenue closing role with proven quota attainment
- Technology sales experience a plus
- Proven track record of quota attainment in an inside sales capacity
- Highly productive communication skills, with ability to manage multiple emails, phone calls, social media outreach, and more each day
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- A positive, can-do attitude is a key quality to succeed on the Tulip team
- Possess a strong background of achieving over 100%+ of your quota
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com; organize / report on all sales productivity on a consistent basis
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.