We're looking for a proven Sales Engineer to join our growing Sales team. You will be the technical goto person in your assigned region responsible for providing pre sales technical / functional support to prospective clients, customers and channel partners. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of integrations.
, we’re using technology to empower the people who build our world. We created the first manufacturing app platform to allow process engineers to bring digital transformation to their factory floors. Factories run with Tulip are more efficient, their workers are more productive, and they make fewer mistakes. We call it bottom-up digital transformation. Join us if you want to help create the next industrial revolution.
In order to succeed at Tulip, you will:
- Develop, present and deliver high-impact technical demonstrations of the Tulip solution on a daily basis
- Clearly articulate the benefits of Tulip’s applications to all levels including line of business managers, and "C" level executives, and IT
- Provide comprehensive technical pre-sales support to Tulip’s channel partners including developing and training personnel on product demonstrations, product positioning, and competitive overviews.
- Identify and collaborate with prospect technical stakeholders to align around Tulip’s solution and secure commitments needed to ensure a “technical close”
- Maintain account and opportunity updates within our internal sales force automation system to manage and prioritize sales opportunities
- Provide input to other cross-functional departments pertaining to prospect requests and product enhancements as needed
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and consensus building
- Perform needs gathering and requirement analysis for new customers
- Analyze and track reseller competencies and technical delivery.
- Help develop and answer RFP’s.
- Minimum of 3 years of either IT or technical application delivery experience
- Experience in selling to or working with manufacturing companies preferred
- Excellent business writing, presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as ERP
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role when necessary.
- Have passion for technology and speak fluently about current trends related to SaaS, PaaS, IoT, and cloud solutions.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
Travel: Please note this role will involve some travel, anywhere from 10-50%.
Working at Tulip:
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal wellbeing. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, HRA, Commuter, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Fully stocked office kitchen with weekly meals and beer on tap
- Company outings and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
- Dog-friendly office
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.