is looking for a Vice President of Sales to establish Sapling’s leadership and contribute to the business’ continued hyper-growth.
Sapling’s Onboarding and HR Suite has been acknowledged as an industry winner and is chosen by companies like KPMG, Sephora, UCSF, Invision and Coupa to help them build successful onboarding and people practices for the future of work.
The VP of Sales will formulate and execute overall revenue strategy together with the CEO, Executive team and Board. This role is principally responsible to accelerate and de-risk ushering in a repeatable, scalable, and predictable sales-enabled channel as Sapling accelerates GTM initiatives in a $26bn Addressable Market.
As the Vice President of Sales, you will:
- Attract, hire, coach and lead a growing team of experienced team of Account Executives, Sales Development Representatives, Sales Ops and Sales Managers.
- Drive market growth and lead sales and strategic partnership efforts with full accountability to deliver revenue.
- Build repeatable training processes that help AEs learn sales skills, product and industry knowledge, and professional habits they need to succeed in the role
- Establish regional sales and operational processes to build efficiency and manage costs.
- Build Sapling’s presence and improve brand awareness, working closely with our marketing teams to build thought leadership, engage in community building and facilitate PR and media relations.
- Train and assist sales reps in closing complex transactions by teaching best practices in prospecting, managing and closing opportunities, and the skills needed to position Sapling as a category leader
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above-quota results based on successful pipeline management
- Build, measure, and optimize a repeatable sales process to successfully achieve the targeted sales objectives.
- Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and performance-driven.
You should have:
- You have deep knowledge of a complex sales process preferably with 6+ years of sales management experience in a B2B mid-market environment
- You have deep knowledge of selling to Mid-Market buyers, ideally, selling into a similar target audience as Sapling
- You’ve closed business so you can train AEs on how to be successful in their roles
- You have great people skills. You’ve shown the ability to recruit, hire, and manage talented people
- You’re able to build scalable processes, and you have the analytical skills to optimize them over time
- You’re a proven coach: you’ve helped your people unlock their full potential
- You have built out a team in a company at a series A-C stage company
- You are data oriented and able to know offhand what the current sales cycle is and are able to own your numbers
- You have a plan and philosophy on how to drive revenue. Not only predicting the outcome, but knowing the driver
- Strong data analysis skills - comfortable analyzing campaign results, working in financial models
- Expert-level communication skills (including writing and public speaking)
- Experience hiring, developing and leading a team of 10+ people
Nice to have
- Experience with Hubspot, SFDC, Outreach, Chilipiper, and Technographic tools
- Experience selling into HR Tech Industry
- Experience overseeing Customer Success execution
- Experience with price optimization
- Experience building strategic partnerships
- SalesOPS chops (to compliment in-house capability)
Why join us?
We offer a passionate and driven team backed by Tier1 investors, meaningful and transparent rewards, and an opportunity to be intricately involved in the executive team and as such, be recognized and trusted as a key team player and a thoughtful and effective leader who understands the organization and is ready to make significant, immediate contributions to the company and its value in the marketplace.
Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Sapling.