Sapling is looking for a Senior Manager of Business Development & Strategic Partnerships to lead the development, execution and management of our strategic partnerships and alliances.
This is an essential role that requires a balance of strategy, business development and a roll-up your sleeves and 'get it done' attitude.
Sapling’s Onboarding and HR Suite has been acknowledged as an industry winner and is chosen by companies like KPMG, Sephora, UCSF, Invision and Coupa to help them build successful onboarding and people practices for the future of work.
The ideal candidate will have a business background that enables them to engage at the C level, as well as project and relationship management experience that allows them to drive complex collaborations to successful fruition.
To accomplish this you will work cross-functionally with our Technology, Sales, Legal, Marketing, Finance and Operations teams, with responsibility for delivering exceptional results.
- Broad-based business and technology expertise with 5+ years in strategic alliances and/or business development, ideally in a high growth software/technology company.
- History of successfully developing and leading multiple, complex strategic alliances that drove meaningful impact in business pipeline and ARR growth,
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in mid-market companies (100 - 2,000 employees)
- Experience managing complex projects by working across internal functional teams, from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail, with the ability to set, manage and communicate clear priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to achieve success working with white space, both independently and with a team.
- Identify opportunities across Sapling’s current product offering and product partner ecosystem.
- Define partnership strategies and identify key prospective partners within each vertical.
- Evaluate and lead new strategic partnerships efforts and technology alliances in close coordination with the Product Management, Product Marketing, Legal and Sales teams.
- Set meetings and develop relationships with key teams and decision makers of prospective partners across all verticals.
- Collaborate externally with C-level executives and internally with cross-functional teams (e.g., Product Management and Engineering, Legal, Operations, Finance, Developer Relations, Marketing, PR/Comms and Sales Leadership).
- Define a customized ‘win-win’ solution for each prospective partner and Sapling in collaboration with Sapling Product Development, Product Marketing, Legal, and Sales teams.
- Develop and present deal framework, business case and implementation plan to align Sapling senior management and prospective partners.
- Achieve prospective partner buy in and coordinate internal and external teams. Present project implementation plans and align integration, marketing, Sapling Sales teams.
- Work with Product teams to enable incubations/launches of new products, features and user experiences across markets and verticals.
- Work with Sapling Sales and Marketing as well as Partner Sales and Marketing on go-to-market strategy and time frame.
- Take ownership of existing partnerships, identify opportunities to grow relationships and revenue and clearly organize priorities and deliverables, bringing measurable impact quickly.
- Deploy programs and systems to track and manage key updates, deliverables and goals for complex partner engagements with a drive to succeed and laser like focus on results.
- Work with Sapling’s sales and marketing to create and drive awareness around the complementary and integrated value of the Sapling + Partner solution.
- Create alignment between Sapling and partners’ sales and marketing go-to-market strategies to increase our joint marketing and sales engagements.
- Evangelize the Sapling solution within the partner sales, marketing and technical field teams and develop Sapling’s joint field sales teaming initiatives.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.