is a new kind of HR platform that enables companies to build deeper, data-driven relationships with their employees.
We are in the early stages of growth, and are looking to hire our second Product Design hire to continue shaping the future of Sapling’s User Experience. We are currently a team of 20 people, working with amazing customers such as Kayak.com, Figma, Invision, KPMG, and more.
This role will provide the right individual an opportunity lead the build out of Sapling’s design team, and collaborate on the product design, company strategy and direction. You’ll initially be managing one other designer, but will be instrumental in the development of the growing design team.
We offer competitive salary, benefits/perks, and early-stage equity.
As a Lead Product Designer, you will:
- Provide product vision and leadership in making HR technology easy to understand and easy to use
- Mentor, build and lead a team of talented designers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, designers, copywriters, developers, and marketing.
- Contribute broadly to design culture in HR space
- Implement user flows, interactions, and experiences that are simple, intuitive, and consistent
- Ensure designs move gracefully between teams, adjusting solutions as needed from stakeholder to stakeholder, understanding and working within constraints.
- Use data to drive your design decisions. You should be just as comfortable extracting answers from our analytics as you are conducting a usability study of a new feature.
What we ask for:
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience working as a digital product designer
- You have a portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship successful products
- You are comfortable articulating design decisions
- You’ve mentored or managed people before in some way
- You have exceptional written communication skills
- You are located in San Francisco, or are willing to commute
- Bonus Points: Experience with Google's Material Design Framework
Tools we love at Sapling:
- Productivity: G-Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Trello
- Design: Sketch, Invision
- Research: GA, UsabilityHub, FullStory
When applying, please make sure to include a link to your website or online portfolio. Thank you