Hydrow by CREW is looking for a 2nd Unit Live Video Content Producer (LVCP) to join our team - intended start date is April 1, 2019 with training in Miami Beach in March!
Hydrow is the live outdoor reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow by CREW, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Join a fast-paced startup remaking the fitness industry by producing video content for a state-of-the-art rowing machine. The LVCP will produce live rowing video content for our workout library by following and filming rowers on the water from a motorboat while live broadcasting. Live footage is uploaded later for editing at company HQ.
The primary role of the LVCP is to create compelling live workouts that inspire people everywhere to engage with CREW to accomplish our mission: increased health and meaningful community engagement. CREW implements an Agile video production process to evaluate, iterate, and implement change on a rapid cycle basis.
The LVCP will work closely with the entire CREW content production team across multiple film crews. The role will report to the Producer, Sound, and Video Processing Supervisor and be based in Cambridge with travel expected to a warm weather location in the winter months.
Must be available for training period in Miami Beach during March 2019.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Setting up all cameras as well as sound and broadcasting equipment
- Live cutting between shots during continuous filming and broadcasting the resulting edited stream with a live broadcast unit
- Responsible for putting lavalier mics on the rowers and ensure that the sound quality of the hdmi feed and music
- Ensure specific production deadlines are met and that all the technical parts of production are in sync
- Collaborate closely with a team that includes multiple members - Director, Driver, Production Assistant, and talent - required to complete the episodes of CREW
- Other tasks and duties as assigned and agreed to
- One year or equivalent experience in video editing or video production. We will train the right candidate in specifics of the role.
- Experience with live video production systems is a plus. Successful candidate will be comfortable using sound equipment including bodypack transmitters and lavalier mics.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot technical problems and come up with creative solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work under deadlines, strong attention to detail, ability to complete projects in a multi-tasking environment.
- Enjoys working on the water.
- Flexibility with schedule and travel.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X or/and Adobe Premiere CC 2018 and Apple OS X operating system
CREW supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO: Producer, Sound, and Video Processing Supervisor
About CREW & Hydrow
Started in November 2017, CREW already sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrow rowers, built almost 50 prototypes, and filmed over 300 on-water workouts for our beta app users. Full production and shipping is anticipated for spring 2019.
At Hydrow by CREW, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow by CREW welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
CREW is well funded and offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.