As part of CREW’s hardware and production team, you will work with the rest of the organization to develop and optimize Hydrow’s performance. Working collaboratively with the rest of the CREW organization, you will:
- Develop firmware that controls the “feel” and performance of our rowing machine (Hydrow). [By “feel” we mean creating a number of force / velocity / distance profiles that control the way the rower works.]
- Translate various load profiles into new “feels” for Hydrow.
- Periodic travel to manufacturing partner in Asia.
Required Technical Skills:
- Proficiency in C and Python.
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CE, EE or equivalent.
- 4+ years of embedded software development – in particular, using firmware to control hardware.
- Strong math / data skills as we will be using the control system to generate variable force / velocity / distance profiles. As part of the process, we’ll need to relate these to the physics of rowing and then compensating for the physics of the erg (rowing machine).
- Experience with new hardware products in consumer or medical electronic space with software components.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
- Commitment to meeting production deadlines without compromising quality.
- Desire to be hands-on and to provide leadership and expertise throughout the entire product development lifecycle, ensuring the success of the team's efforts.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Good analytical, documentation and process skills
- Willingness to travel to manufacturing locations in Asia.
Required Team Skills:
- Must be hands-on, internally driven and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment.
- Must be willing to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside of your job description.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are imperative.
- Leadership: Must be able to lead initiatives and push to meet your objectives while still being receptive to feedback and alternative points of view.
- Must be able to function in an open office environment.
Chief Production Officer
CREW is creating the best workout experience in the world: a silent, MOMA beautiful rowing machine. Live and on demand HD video classes, journeys, and races. From your home, virtually row on the most beautiful rivers around the world. World class instructors and world class rowers . Individual and team competitions. Performance tracking. Community.
You have the opportunity to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry. We’d like your help creating a great team and culture. A culture where we learn from each other and build great products in a lean, agile environment with quick iterations.
We welcome diversity and actively seek applicants who can bring a variety of backgrounds and perspectives to the team.