Hydrow by CREW is looking for a Product Manager to join our team!
Hydrow is the live outdoor reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow by CREW, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As CREW's first product manager, you will help prioritize, design, and implement the key features that bring LOR to market. The core of the product manager role will be to research and specify the details of features for implementation. You will work with design and development to build the features, along with the management team to prioritize new features for the roadmap. You'll have independence to make your own decisions and help to create the best product imaginable. Expect to hit the ground running, with your features going to development in the first week of you starting.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Meet customers and update our understanding of customer desires
- Work with developers to brainstorm ways to implement features
- Work with design to create elegant and useful user interfaces
- Balance high-level company goals for growth, speed, and product direction
- Analyze available usage data and draw inferences and conclusions
- Keep up with competitor offerings
- You must have some product management experience, or a close analog experience.
- You listen carefully and hear both what the customer is saying, and what they aren't saying.
- You need empathy and intuition.
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You need the ability to get things done - an instinct for understanding problems, completing tasks, and moving on to the next one.
- You need excellent analytical skills to make the case about what features are working - and aren't.
- Your friends and colleagues should describe you as independent and reliable.
- You thrive in a team environment that is changing and improving every day.
CREW supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Worked on a consumer product.
- Worked on mobile, tablet, or embedded application before.
- Experience in the fitness industry.
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
About CREW & Hydrow
Started in November 2017, CREW already sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrow rowers, built almost 50 prototypes, and filmed over 300 on-water workouts for our beta app users. Full production and shipping is anticipated for spring 2019.
At Hydrow by CREW,, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow by CREW welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
CREW is well funded and offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.