The Instructor is responsible for communicating the values and identity of CREW by True Rowing Inc. (CREW) to the public at large, and to foster long term daily engagement with the CREW rowing machine and the workouts that the whole team delivers live and on-demand.
The primary role of the Instructor is to create compelling live and recorded workouts that inspire people to be healthy and engage daily with CREW. The Instructor needs to have a high level of authenticity and enthusiasm. Dedication to the team and the success of all rowers and instructors, and a desire to make rowing genuinely interesting and exciting to others are key attributes.
The Instructor is responsible for the music, language and choreography of each workout and will work closely with the production team to create workouts that meet the goals and requirements of CREW. Whenever possible workouts will be filmed and broadcast live from the water. Workouts may also be broadcast from other locations, including studios, as required.
The Instructor is also responsible for connecting with potential and current subscribers via social media channels and other channels as agreed to and share their knowledge of CREW’s mission, including our dedication to safe water, with everyone.
- Prepare for and teach compelling workouts as assigned;
- Minimum of 2 and up to 8 classes weekly. Target is 3 classes per week for part-time instructors, but recognizing the nature of a start-up requires flexibility on the number of weekly sessions taught.
- Create workouts that are transformational experiences for rowers through use of music, language, theme, motivational techniques, and psychological research
- Include essential elements for all CREW workouts including expectations of teaching concepts and personal grooming
- Prepare hair and makeup for each workout
- Complete workout documentation in a timely fashion including film logs and playlists
- Play an integral role in the recruitment, and support of other instructors by contributing to an inviting team-based environment throughout the entire film team
- Collaborate with Senior Instructor, Chief Experience Officer and production team to establish and meet regular production schedule goals for quality and quantity of workouts
- Review feedback and workout metrics weekly on personal performance, and continue to grow and evolve presentation and content of live episodes
- Engage in regular content review sessions of CREW workouts and competitors
- Use market research to inform accelerated development of workout structure
- Participate in CREW workouts and competitor workouts to continually learn
- Engage CREW rowers on social media channels on a daily basis including recognition for performance, milestone achievements, coaching tips, etc.
- Maintain consistent company messaging on all social media postings
- Promote CREW through media placement, marketing and other events
- Daily care of equipment, including careful storage of boat and other equipment as necessary
- Able to drive safety/filming boat
- Travel to advance CREW brand as assigned
- Other CREW initiatives as assigned
Ability to share and inspire others to love rowing. Knowledge of instructional formats for classes. Good understanding of physical movement and fitness. Ability to scull and sweep with proficiency. Competency with current media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc. Flexibility with schedule and travel. Awareness of safe water initiatives and CREW partnerships.
Chief Experience Officer and Senior Instructor
CREW is creating the best workout experience in the world: a silent, MOMA-beautiful rowing machine. Live and on demand HD video classes, journeys, and races. From your home, virtually row on the most beautiful rivers around the world. World class instructors and world class rowers. Individual and team competitions. Performance tracking. Community. Under $2k.
You have the opportunity to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry. We’d like your help creating a great team and culture. A culture where we learn from each other and build great products in a lean, agile environment with quick iterations.
We welcome diversity and actively seek applicants who can bring a variety of backgrounds and perspectives to the team.
Hourly with eligibility for additional bonuses as agreed upon
- Access to HUDSON training single and oars outside of CREW filming hours
- Support with training program for the World Championships and Olympics / Paralympics
- Quarterly clothing ($400) and makeup ($100) budget for new attire / supplies