Hydrow by CREW is looking for an Electrical or Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team!
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. Led by athletes including those training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river outdoor rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running which results in up to 400 calories burned in a 20-minute workout.
At Hydrow by CREW, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As part of CREW’s hardware and production team, you will work closely with the rest of the team to bring Hydrow to market and resolve issues that arise during development, production, and in the field.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Supporting ongoing development and production efforts in the US and Asia.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues found in production and in the field.
- Product improvements, cost reductions, and other development efforts as they arise.
- Traveling periodically to manufacturing locations in Asia as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience with new hardware products in consumer or medical electronic space with software components.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems.
- Hands-on, internally driven, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced startup environment.
- Willingness to jump in and help out where needed, even in areas that are outside the job description.
- Commitment to meeting deadlines without compromising quality.
CREW supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Strong analytical, documentation, and process skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational, project management, and multitasking skills
REPORTS TO: Chief Production Officer
About CREW & Hydrow
Started in November 2017, CREW already sold more than $1 million in pre-ordered Hydrow rowers, built almost 50 prototypes, and filmed over 300 on-water workouts for our beta app users. Full production and shipping is anticipated for spring 2019.
At Hydrow by CREW, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow by CREW welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, or veteran status.
CREW is well funded and offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.