We are looking for an exceptional lead UX/UI designer as a co-founder of the CREW team. We have very high aspirations for the beauty and usability of our rowing apps. We are looking for a lead designer to drive the design process to craft the best possible experience for our rowers. You will collaborate with our small CREW team as well as external team members.
- Creating user-centric designs by considering customer feedback and usability findings
- Creating lots of sketches, wireframes, site maps, and clickable prototypes in order to make your ideas a reality
- Conduct user tests and analyze results
- Incorporating rowing performance stats with HD video in your designs
- Forever iterating and stretching to make a better product
- Desire and chops to lead the design of great mobile apps
- Knowledge of best practices for user-centered design process, interaction design, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- Hands on experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, a/b testing, user testing and other qualitative practices
- Experience creating wireframes and clickable prototypes
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
Nice to have:
- Experience designing software for a consumer audience
- Experience with or background in visual design
- Knowledge of mobile (React Native...) development and web based (HTML5/JS/CSS...) UI development technologies
- Experience designing responsive mobile and/or web apps
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related area
We also value the ability and desire to jump in and learn quickly, even without prior experience with a specific technology or design process.
CREW is creating the best workout experience in the world: a silent, MOMA beautiful rowing machine. Live and on demand HD video classes, journeys, and races. From your home, virtually row on the most beautiful rivers around the world. World class instructors and world class rowers. Individual and team competitions. Performance tracking. Community. Under $2k.
We got started in December 2017. We will ship CREW apps for a Bring Your Own Android/IOS Device to connect to existing rowing machines early this year. Your apps will drive CREW rowing machines later this year. We are first targeting large IOS and Android tablets and following with cell phones.
You have the opportunity to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry. We’d like your help creating a great engineering team and culture. A culture where we learn from each other and build great products in a lean, agile environment with quick iterations.
We welcome diversity and actively seek applicants who can bring a variety of backgrounds and perspectives to the team.
CREW is well funded and offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early stage equity.
Bruce Smith is our CEO. Bruce is a passionate rowing visionary. As Executive Director, Bruce built Community Rowing to be the largest community rowing institution in the world. He is a US Rowing Coach (Bronze at 2015 Worlds). As a rower, Bruce has won a Head of the Charles and a Canadian Henley.
Chris Paul is our CTO. CREW is his tenth startup. CP is a novice rower looking forward to Bruce's coaching. CP has captained his sailboat across the Atlantic and solo to Bermuda.