is a seed stage start-up that sits at the intersection of food & beverage, automation, hospitality, and real estate.
We are backed by some of New York’s best investors, including Alleycorp, Torch Capital, Fantail Ventures, RiverPark Ventures, FJ Labs, Trail Mix Ventures, and more. Our team consists of a small but wildly ambitious collection of seasoned entrepreneurs, engineers, and coffee experts from Travelocity, Intent Media, AeroFarms, BioLite, Black Fox Coffee, and Harry’s.
Our starting mission is to give people an amazing and affordable cup of coffee, wherever they are. Our first step on this journey is to introduce automated micro-cafes that serve incredible espresso drinks with a pretty magical experience.
We launched our working prototype, to rave reviews, at New Lab in November, 2018. We’re bringing our "V1" product to market in 2020, and we’re currently looking for brilliant and creative people to build our product and company with us.
Working at Truebird provides a truly special opportunity to grow a company from the ground up, working alongside a deeply experienced, mature team.
Truebird is currently headquartered in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. We will be moving into our own office in the Brooklyn Navy Yard in February, 2020 (bonus - there’s a Russ & Daughters in the lobby of our building)!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We're looking for a sharp, organized, and resourceful individual to support our chief executive and our team. You will play an important role in managing the professional schedule of the CEO and overseeing Truebird’s office operations. As Executive Assistant, you will ensure our Chief Executive Officer is prepared to tackle his busy schedule by managing, prioritizing, and scheduling a steady flow of requests and meetings. As our Office Manager, you will orchestrate our office logistics and help create a best-in-class workplace experience. We moved into a new office in February, 2020, and you will play a key role in helping to make the space an incredible place for our team to call home. You will report directly to our Chief of Staff, who you will also support on people operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to have a big impact on an incredible team in a fast-paced environment.
This is a part-time role that we expect to transition to full-time over the coming months.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar meticulously and thoughtfully, scheduling meetings and calls with team members, vendors, customers, potential customers, and partners
- May expand to include limited support for select members of the executive team
- Schedule and coordinate board meetings and team meetings
- Work closely with PR to coordinate press interviews and engagements
- Assist with travel arrangements (book flights, hotels, cars, and travel details for all business trips)
- Manage expenses
- Capture notes and next steps at key meetings (i.e., recruiting debriefs)
- Other occasional admin tasks ( e.g. FedEx, mail)
Office and People Operations
- Maintain all office supplies inventory
- Manage all weekly snack ordering and deliveries to the office
- Coordinate ordering meals for team meetings
- Support on recruiting and hiring logistics: candidate communications and scheduling, offer letter generation, and new hire onboarding processes
- Own team (i.e. company) calendar: keep calendar updated, plan team events, keep track of key dates (birthdays, work anniversaries)
- Act as a general champion of team culture
- Assist the Chief of Staff with people operations, as needed (i.e., vendor and contractor setup, HR housekeeping activities, market research to answer key people operations questions)
As a rapidly growing startup, Truebird and its needs will change over time, so your role may also evolve: if and when it does, it will be with an eye towards your professional development and personal satisfaction.
This role is perfect for someone who is intelligent, highly organized, attentive to details, “scrappy,” loves people, and is highly motivated to get things done. You can flexibly interact with our team as well as with other professionals, vendors, investors, and guests to our office. You are excited to work at an early-stage startup, and comfortable operating in a fast-moving and sometimes unstructured environment.
Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years professional work experience
- 2+ years professional experience supporting an executive
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential material
- Independent and comfortable operating with little direction
- Significant experience (and love for) planning group events and outings
Other qualities we’re looking for
- You are collaborative, able to build trust and respect with your colleagues
- You are open and transparent, not afraid to speak your mind
- You embrace new challenges and love solving problems
- You stretch yourself, and embrace opportunities to learn from and teach your colleagues
- You bring a good sense of humor and energy to the table
WE LOVE WORKING HERE (and suspect you will too)
We’re a growing team of passionate people working in a fun, flexible work environment. We work with a ton of energy and purpose, but we strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance so work never gets stale. Our flat structure and open communication allow for innovation from all levels – ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation (salary and stock options) and great perks and benefits, including
- Five weeks vacation annually (which we want you to take!)
- Generous parental leave policy
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Annual $2,000 learning budget
- Wageworks commuter benefits
- Great office coffee
Truebird does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status.