ROLE: Commissary & Delivery Operator
LOCATION: New York, NY
TYPE: Part-time, 25 - 30 hours/week min, overnight shift
is a seed stage start-up that sits at the intersection of food & beverage, automation, and real estate, currently headquartered in Brooklyn.
Our starting mission is to give people an amazing and affordable cup of coffee, wherever they are. Our first step on this journey is to introduce automated Micro-Cafes
that serve incredible espresso drinks with a pretty magical experience.
Working at Truebird provides a truly special opportunity to grow a company from the ground up, working alongside a deeply experienced, mature team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Commissary & Delivery Operator replenishes and maintains our micro-cafes and related equipment during evening / overnight hours. The Commissary & Delivery Operator will drive a company vehicle along an established route of Micro-cafes for nightly servicing; they are the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of the company at all times while maintaining excellent client and customer relationships.
This position will also be responsible for the operations at the commissary, which is our back-of house kitchen. You will be responsible for adhering to food safety procedures and guidelines, ensuring that food is responsibly prepared and stored for the deployment to the micro-cafes, and cleaning components of the Micro-cafe once they are returned to the commissary. This role requires attention to detail and the ability to work on repetitive tasks with little supervision. Beyond doing basic food preparation, you will be receiving & stocking items, and cleaning & sanitizing food contact parts for daily operation.
This position will evolve over time, and can provide employees with the foundation needed for possible future management opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a part of the founding Operations team, you will be collaborating with other Operations team members on a daily basis to refine service strategies and maintain best practices.
- Be a proud brand ambassador with the unique responsibility of entering our customers' lobbies and offices.
- Operate within our existing software systems to manage deliveries, damage/error reporting, and customer communications. You will also update inventory levels, receive product, prep materials for deployment to micro-cafes, etc.
- Load the vehicle each day with the required consumables.
- Transport product from our central service location(s) to the micro-cafes and customer locations during evening / overnight hours in a Truebird service vehicle (14' box truck, non-CDL)
- Basic restocking of all coffee essentials, cleaning, maintenance and trash removal at micro-cafes.
- Receive, store, monitor and maintain inventory accurately and appropriately. This includes temperature control and documentation on refrigerated product, rotating perishable product, labeling & dating specific items, and maintaining zoning as required.
- Clean and sanitize equipment from the Micro-cafe after each shift.
- Be responsible for rejection of incoming products that are not of quality standards
- Organize, clean and maintain the commissary, including cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment, etc.
- Ensure food safety and sanitation standards are upheld at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated, highly independent, and loves moving quickly & solving problems. The route driver needs to be able to service all Micro-Cafes quickly and effectively. The right person should have an eye for detail, expert focus, and a natural inclination towards thoroughness. As Truebird is a 24/7 operation, this person must be willing and available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as shifts required.
- At least 21 years of age.
- 2+ years in delivery operations, ideally as a driver.
- Must understand and adhere to strict food safety and quality standards.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C (unless otherwise indicated by state) driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work independently, responsible for route, work unsupervised 90% of the work day.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. on a consistent basis, and lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts.
- Have a working phone.
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Proficient in English.
Other qualities we’re looking for
- Able to operate or willingness to quickly learn material handling equipment (box truck, handcarts, pallet jack, etc.).
- Possess a valid food handler's certificate, or willingness to obtain one (training can be provided).
- Proficient with handheld computer, additional training provided.
- Experience working with food and beverage preparation.
- Knowledge of the coffee industry and coffee equipment.
- You love coffee (preferred, but not required).
WE LOVE WORKING HERE (and suspect you will too)
We’re a growing team of passionate people working in a fun work environment. We offer competitive compensation and great perks and benefits, including
- Generous parental leave policy
- Wageworks commuter benefits
- As much coffee as you can drink
Truebird does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status.