ROLE: Route Driver - Evening / Overnight Micro-cafe Servicing
LOCATION: New York, NY
TYPE: Part-Time, 25 - 30 hours/week min, overnight shift
COMPENSATION: $22 - 25/hr, depending on experience
is a seed stage start-up that sits at the intersection of food & beverage, automation, and real estate, currently headquartered in Brooklyn, New York.
Our starting mission is to give people an amazing and affordable cup of coffee, wherever they are. Our first step on this journey is to introduce automated micro-cafes
that serve incredible espresso drinks with a pretty magical experience.
Working at Truebird provides a truly special opportunity to grow a company from the ground up, working alongside a deeply experienced, mature team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Route Driver drives a company vehicle over an established route to refill and maintain the micro-cafes and related equipment during evening / overnight hours. The Route Driver is the face of the company and must project a professional and positive image of the company at all times while maintaining excellent client and customer relationships. This position can provide employees with the foundation needed for entry level management opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a part of the founding operations team, collaborate with the Food Preparer on a daily basis to refine service strategies and maintain best practices.
- Pick up and transport product from our central service location(s) to the micro-cafes and customer locations during evening / overnight hours in a Truebird service vehicle (14' box truck, non-CDL)
- Basic restocking of all coffee essentials, cleaning, maintenance and trash removal at micro-cafes.
- Be a proud brand ambassador with the unique responsibility of entering our customers' lobbies and offices
- Load the vehicle each day with the required consumables, taking responsibility for the quality of the products.
- Operate within our existing software systems to manage deliveries, damage/error reporting, customer communications, etc.
- Basic food preparation early on and as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who is dedicated, highly independent and loves moving quickly and solving problems. The route driver needs to be able to service all micro-cafes quickly and effectively. The right person should have an eye for detail, expert focus and thorough. Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as shifts required.
- 2+ years in delivery operations, ideally as a driver
- Have a working smartphone
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C (unless otherwise indicated by state) driver’s license and good driving record.
- Able to work independently, responsible for route, work unsupervised 90% of the work day.
- Proficient with handheld computer, training provided.
- Able to operate or willingness to learn material handling equipment (box truck, handcarts, etc.).
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Proficient with communicating in English
Other qualities we’re looking for
- Possess a valid food handler's certificate, or willingness to obtain one (training can be provided)
- Experience working with food and beverage preparation
- Knowledge of coffee industry and coffee equipment
- You love coffee (preferred, but not required)
WE LOVE WORKING HERE (and suspect you will too)
We’re a growing team of passionate people working in a fun work environment. We offer competitive compensation and great perks and benefits, including:
- Two weeks paid vacation annually
- Generous parental leave policy
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees regularly working more than 30 hours/week
- Wageworks commuter benefits
- Reimbursement for phone bill ($30/mo)
- As much coffee as you can drink
- Opportunity to grow into key roles & leader positions
Truebird does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status.