Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to hiring staff who deliver excellence: in patient care, in customer service, in technology support and in operations. The A/R Collector serves as a valued member of the team, working directly with the Medical Billing Specialist/Team leader to collect and manage account payments and/or claim denials.
· Performs various collection actions of unpaid and denied claims, including liaising between patients, medical facilities, or insurance companies by phone or online sites.
· Verify each insurance payment for accuracy and reports payment and/or denied claim details to the Medical Billing Specialist.
· Assist with claim re-submissions, appeals, and pulling medical records.
· This position requires professionals to spend extensive amounts of time on the phone with insurance companies and online sites that provide insurance plan information.
· Must have good math skills.
· Provide excellent customer service.
· Cross-train and help as needed in other departments.
· Work cordially within a team and participate in educational activities and coordinate the department’s meetings.
· Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and perform several tasks together without losing concentration.
· General knowledge of insurance cards, medical insurance terminology, medical benefits and CPT and ICD 9/10 coding.
· Ability to operate basic office equipment such as a computer, multi-line telephone system, fax machine and scanner.
· Excellent typing and computer usage skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
· Must possess good oral and written (English) communication skills.
· Must be well organized and detail-orientated.
· Must be able to follow established procedures and conduct self in accordance with company’s employee manual.
· Occasional overtime may be required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.