Medical/Dental billing company located in Tempe, Arizona is seeking a certified medical billing specialist. As a critical member of our team, demeanor and confidentiality is a crucial aspect of this position. The work environment will be in office and casual but extremely professional. This person will be an important member of our team and must be willing to perform a wide breadth of activities -- nothing should be beneath them.
We are looking for a fun, positive person who is detail oriented and can multi-task with great energy. Previous medical billing experience and experience with a certified medical billing software is required. There is a tremendous opportunity for growth in our company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Submit electronic claims daily
- Receive and review EOB's and ERA's.
- Resolve client's accounts in software based on EOB's and ERA's received.
- Review EOB's and ERA's for correct payment.
- Appeal claims that have been paid incorrectly.
- Check on outstanding claims.
- Set up online insurance portal access to check on claim status.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of data and office technology.
- Perform additional daily tasks and/or special projects as necessary.
- Previous experience with a medical billing company in the accounts resolution or claim appeals department.
- Previous experience with certified medical billing software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities.
- The ability to manage priorities and focus on completing tasks efficiently and within time frames.
- Experience performing research utilizing the Internet.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience implementing and managing organizational protocols.
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities.
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested, including willingness and ability to stay late on occasion and be flexible.
This could be an in office position or potentially a work from home position.