Our clients are our number one priority and we are committed to hiring staff who deliver excellence: in patient care, in customer service, in technology support and in operations. The Medical Biller/Team Leader serves as a valued member of the team, responsible for collecting, posting and managing account payments.
- Responsible for review and timely clean claim submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Performs various collection actions including liaising between patients, medical facilities, or insurance companies by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to insurance companies, and using online sites.
- Verify each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Functions as the primary expert to explain patient insurance benefits to internal and external customers.
- Reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims.
- Managing the facility’s Accounts Receivable reports.
- Organizing the different functions of the department/team and ensuring that each and every staff member is carrying out their share of duty efficiently.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Assist with chart auditing.
- This position requires professionals to spend extensive amounts of time on the phone with insurance companies and online sites that provide insurance plan information.
- Cross-train and help as needed in other departments.
- Work cordially within a team and participate in educational activities and coordinate the department’s meetings.
- Participate in various projects and/or meetings, and complete other tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical billing associates degree or 2-5 years experience with commercial insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
- Knowledge of basic medical coding and third party operating procedures and practices.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced environment, prioritize and perform several tasks together without losing concentration.
- Must be well organized and detail-orientated.
- Must be able to follow established procedures and conduct self in accordance with company’s employee manual.
- Knowledge of insurance cards, medical insurance terminology, medical benefits, CPT/HCPCS and ICD 9/10 coding, and are familiar with insurance billing policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as computer, multi-line telephone system, fax machine and scanner.
- Excellent typing and computer usage skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
- Must possess good oral and written (English) communication skills.
- Occasional overtime maybe required and/or hours may be shortened as business needs dictate.
If you excel in the above requirements, please submit your resume with a brief cover letter and salary history for consideration.