NM Group optimise the performance of electricity networks by remotely sensing and serving the position and condition of our client's assets. From mapping and presenting spatial data on an electrical network through to modelling and displaying a 3D virtual network environment we deliver value to electricity network operators.
Title: Geospatial Processor
Location: Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Position Overview: (overview of role/team,customer base,culture)
We are seeking an enthusiastic and capable candidate to fulfill the role of Geospatial Processor in our expanding company.
The individual would be responsible for the post-processing of a range of remotely sensed data captured by our field teams. We work to tight deadlines to provide products for energy companies mainly in the UK, USA, Canada and Australia.
Those with a general geospatial, mathematical or scientific background are welcome to apply for the role and full training is provided.
Production of spatially accurate LiDAR point clouds and orthorectified sets of aerial imagery
- Classification of LiDAR point clouds, mapping and 2D/3D spatial modelling of data using Bentley Microstation, QGIS and ArcGIS
- 3D modeling of powerline circuits and networks using PLS CADD software
- Excellent IT literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Good attention to detail as we produce data to a high standard of spatial accuracy that is required to meet client specifications
- Able to demonstrate critical thinking and an innovative approach to problem-solving
- Has either a scientific background in a related field (some examples are Engineering, GIS/Remote Sensing, Earth Science, Surveying, Physics or Environmental) or relevant work experience
- CADD and/or GIS experience
- Knowledge and experience of LiDAR data processing
- Survey knowledge/experience
- Electrical or Civil engineering knowledge
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D